PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day

jwildflower1981
01-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Does WDW do anything special for the Mothers on Mothers Day? I never rally thought about it, but it was asked on another message board and it got me wondering sine I will be there for MD as a mom and I'll be with my mom too.

stephntampa
01-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I was at Epcot last year and they were passing out a single long-stemmed flower to moms.

Wishmaker
01-16-2010, 12:04 PM
They also pass out flowers at Magic Kingdom. They do all sorts of small simple things throughout the parks on this day. For the last few years my daughter and I have spent Mothers day at the world. We never participated in those things, but I know they have simple things.
Happy Vacationing.

TinkerbellsMom
01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd had the joy of spending Mother's Day with my family (DH & DD - now 9) at WDW the last 5 years and have loved it! All parks give out carnations to all Mothers as you enter them. The CMs and characters go out of their way to say Happy Mother's Day through out the day and DD just loved showing me off. It's the best feeling.

Some of the parks, EPCOT in particular, had craft areas where the kids could make Mom a gift - one year it was rose potpourrie packets. Also, the times we've stayed at AKL (our favorite), they had a Mother's Day craft activity (free) for the kids the day before Mother's Day where they could make a card & gift for Mom. Last year, it was a rose made out of tissue paper - it was so cute!! I still have it.

I can't imagine spending Mother's Day not in the world...nothing could be more special than spending my day with my family in the happiest place on earth!! :mickey:

darth daddy
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
How are the crowds in the parks on Mothers Day? We will be there during Mothers Day this year and was curious if it is more crowded since it is a holiday?

TinkerbellsMom
01-18-2010, 06:34 AM
I never found them to be bad as May tends to be a lighter month. EPCOT used to be busier when they offered a Mother's Day Brunch which they stopped a couple years ago. We do avoid AK as we found that it tends to be busier on Sundays, for some reason.

Pirate Granny
01-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Many years ago (probably 10) they also took free pictures and sent them to you later.
Before the age of photo pass.
:pirate:

Suz36
01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Can't wait to be there this year, with my mom and SIL, mom to my adorable niece and nephew!