PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store - Physical Location

Rekenna
01-15-2010, 12:00 AM
So sad...

They are closing our Disney Store in our local mall. I can't believe it! The next closest one to us is 1.5 hours away! I really don't understand, the store is always packed-people are buying, not just looking. I shop there all the time. :confused:

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Wasn't sure if it was just our store or a number of stores.

The CM's at the store gave me a customer relations number to call-which I will-to complain. What a bummer!:(

This will really limit my Disney merchandise purchases, I usually look online to see the specials, and I typically always find the sale item-sometimes even a better deal in the store. I hate shipping costs, and usually don't spend enough at one time to get the $0 shipping specials.

Oh, well.:sob:

DizneyRox
01-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Honestly, I thought they were mostly done with the closures, however I know the last remaining store around us is struggling. Staff is limited in hours ( like 8 per week) and didn't hire seasonals over the holidays.

Disney is pretty frugal with how they run the stores. You would think they paid the staff well with how reluctant they are to bring in help.

I don't get it. I gotta imagine they have a number they HAVE to hit and it's a drop dead number.

IloveJack
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
They're closing our closest one, also (Opry Mills) on or before Jan. 23. I hate it, as it's the store we always visit when at the mall. We went this past Saturday to see what all was clearanced. There wasn't much selection. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of things, just a lot of the same things. There's one more store in the Nashville area that's remaining open, but it's quite a bit further from us.
It was always packed, too. And there was always a line to pay. Not sure what's going on.