PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Harry Potter?

Disney OB RN
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
We are planning our children's first trip to Universal/IOA at the end of May, before we go to WDW. We have been waiting to book additional room reservations for Universal until we hear when Harry Potter is due to open. "Spring 2010" is too vague. Any wisdom out there?:confused:

Tink1
01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
At minimum we are hearing soft opening in late April/May and a press event in late May. Of course that can all change. By using SPRING 2010 they leave themselves open.

But, it looks good for you!

Nanc

MidnTPK
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
While the new land might be open sooner, the lack of commitment on when the new ride will open makes me think it won't arrive until the summer.

Last summer, US opened the new Hollywood coaster...originally intended for April-May, but delayed until a soft opening in August.....and I don't think it has yet achieved its full capacity operating schedule.

Add-in that the new Forbidden Journey ride system is a prototype, and thta's a recipe for extended delays. Remember that Test-Track ended up being a year or so delayed...and having major disruptions well into the first few years of its operations. It was a prototype ride system.

So my advice is to go when you want...and consider yourself lucky if the new attraction is open...or don't book until you see conformed reports of regular operation.

NJGIRL
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
My advice would be to book now before they decide to raise the rates on rooms (Like they just did on the tickets). You can always cancel your reservations if you decide not to go. I believe the policy is 5 days prior to arrival without penalties.

Disney OB RN
01-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Thank you for the words of wisdom....we are set for our days at WDW for certain, & will do
"watchful waiting" to see if any other news pops up regarding HP. :mickey:

forever a child
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
We have been wanting to know about the date for opening too! :mickey:

NJGIRL
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Universal has updated their web site and now is full of Potter info. There is still no firm date but they are still listing Spring 2010. Take a look at their site because it lists the attractions, shops & restaurants. It also gives you a map to look at amoung other things.

ThanxForNoticin
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Even their Super Bowl ad just said 'spring 2010'. You would think they'd have to publish a specific date soon.

MaxPower
02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I wish someone at Universal would define "Spring"

joonyer
02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I wish someone at Universal would define "Spring"

Well, They could have just narrowed it down to "opening in 2010", so I guess at worst "Spring" would mean sometime before July. But I wouldn't bet my life on it. US may very well open the WWoHP in the spring even if all of the attractions are not up and running yet, namely the Forbidden Journey. But we can always hope. I'll be going in mid-May and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Disney OB RN
02-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Whomever hears of an "official date", please post in capital letters, bold print....AARRGGGHHHHH!!! Oh, the anticipation is killing me.:sick:

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I believe I read on elsewhere that the ride will not be ready for opening day... The land itself will be open, but not the ride... Not sure how true this is though...

bkfree
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
We just booked a package for rooms in Sept. at the Royal Pacific and it includes for free breakfast reservation at the new Three Broomsticks Restaurant in HP, as well as 4 Commemorative Grand Opening tickets to Harry Potter Park. But it does not actually explain what that is, maybe soft opening ride tickets for onsite guests??
Not sure, it will be our first foray to Universal.

forever a child
02-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I just noticed that on the website you can book as early as 5/28 for the HP package (although I see no official date mentioned anywhere).

Gotta love it, cause we come home on 5/26! I guess it will have to be another time. Sorry Universal looks like we will be staying on WDW site for our entire week:party2:

Disney OB RN
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming, mates! I have a pal who went to IOA yesterday & rode Dueling Dragons, & said that she saw a sign that said "April", with character appearances for the first three months. This is completely unofficial, of course. Any other spy-eyes out there?
I am set for WDW May 25, & was going to tack my Universal experience the weekend preceeding this date, with the fear of Memorial Day Crowds. Should I dare put my Universal initial voyage with my family for a holiday weekend? Yikes!:ack::ack: