PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Epcot if non-resort guest?

minnie-mouse
01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
We have relatives in FL who will be meeting up for a day in Epcot. Where will they have to park? the TTC? And if so, will they have to pay or is it free? How much does it cost?

faline
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
There is a separate parking lot outside of Epcot. They should drive directly to Epcot and they will be directed to the parking lot there. The cost to park is $14.

SillySymphony
01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I have a couple other thoughts on this. PM me and I'll be happy to share them with you...

minnie-mouse
01-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Can they park at the TTC and take the monorail with us, we will be staying at the Poly.

Altair
01-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Can they park at the TTC and take the monorail with us, we will be staying at the Poly.

They can do that, too. Make sure they get on the correct Mororail if they meet you at the Poly.:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-24-2010, 09:23 AM
They can park at the TTC, parking is still $14...

I would probably tell them to walk over to the Poly. There is a walkway from the parking lots to the Poly, and also a walkway from the TTC to the Poly. The walkway from the parking lot to the Poly may be tougher to find as I believe it's not "advertised" that well and the majority of the people will be going to the TTC. But it's there.

In the interest of time, I'd meet them at the TTC, you'll need to catch the Epcot Monorail there. And walking from the Poly to TTC for the monorail will be quicker than taking the resort monorail around the lagoon to TTC. Although it's probably less scenic.

minnie-mouse
01-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks DisneyRox. I think we will do as you recommend, walk over to TTC and meet them there to catch the monorail. Works for us!

pokci
01-24-2010, 09:22 PM
They can park at Downtown Disney for free, take the bus to Poly and then from there y'all can travel by monorail together.

mouse2508
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
They can park at Downtown Disney for free, take the bus to Poly and then from there y'all can travel by monorail together.
We've thought about this option as well, does Disney Security not patrol and monitor/enforce this sort of thing? :unsure: I mean, if even a few hundred locals did this it would take away already scarce parking on the Marketplace side (my visits on the Westside typically I've not had problems finding a reasonable parking spot). Personally I don't know I would want to worry whether my vehicle would be towed before I returned from the park.

DizneyRox
01-25-2010, 06:44 AM
This is why they don't run busses to the parks. The current bus scheduling will make this very unreliable. They run more busses TO destinations in the AM than to the resorts. We waited one day close to an hour for a bus FROM Animal Kingdom TO Animal Kingdom Lodge at about 10:30 am.

Doing this will probably add a couple hours onto their day between the waits and travel time.

dreamscometrue
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
i think they can valet park at the Poly. It does cost however.

Imagineer1981
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Since you are staying at Poly they can just come meet you there too. They can vallet park for 10-12 bucks and you can all ride together or they can park directly at Epcot. Personally I would either park at Poly or directly at Epcot and skip the TTC...too much travel. Epcot is a very easy parking lot

diz_girl
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd have them park at the TTC and you can meet them there, right by the entrances to the monorails. You can then share a nice monorail ride to/from EPCOT. Maybe when you get back to the TTC you can walk to the Poly and they can tour the resort or you can share a drink in the lounge before going home. If they park directly at EPCOT, then they might be more inclined to go home from directly from there.