PDA

View Full Version : Where is Kidani Village in relationship to AKL?

Cinderelley
01-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Is it on one of the savannah's? Can you see it from your balcony at AKL?

DizneyRox
01-14-2010, 06:54 AM
It's further up the road, and actually the first bus stop for busses going to the parks. It is about a 10 minute walk.

Yes from some of the rooms at Jambo House you can see Kidani Village.

GAN
01-14-2010, 08:03 AM
If you do a search of Kidani Village Map you should find some more detail.

Santuitman
01-14-2010, 09:00 AM
http://z.about.com/d/hotels/1/0/T/b/2/map_of_kidani_village.jpg

We were there in December. If you have any question we might be able to help

fanofdisney
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I am not the OP but I have a question. Did you have a savanna view and if so did you see a lot of animals? Also, we will be putting our kids on the pullout chair and couch. Did anyone in your group use them and if so did they sleep comfortably?

Santuitman
01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
We had a savanna view and were lucky enough to get a corner room. It looked like you'd be hard pressed not to get a good view when requesting the savanna view. There were lots of animals and they varied day to day. They also varied at different times of the day as they moved various animal around for feeding and cleaning. We could have sat all day and watched them.
We used the pull out for our two boys and it was fine. It's new enough that there was no wear to the pullout itself plus it had a design to be more "crumb" friendly. We thought we had not sheets for it but found it was already made up when we checked in.
BTW when you are out on your deck you are on camera. There are signs but we missed them so be sure to close your drapes if you want privacy!

Cinderelley
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
What kind of camera? I don't want to be out in my jammies and bathrobe drinking a nice cup of hot tea watching the animals just to have strangers watching me before I have my make up on.

Thanks for the info everyone! :D

Santuitman
01-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Here a link to a picture of some in the patch of gravel next to the road on the right.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/santuitman/ibook/cameras.jpg

The cameras are there to make sure people don't feed or tease the animals. There are signs mentioning them but we were so wrapped up in the animals we didn't see them at first.

Oh yeah... You will get a spotting guide in your room so you can ID all the animal you see.

After looking through the pictures to find this I can't wait to go back!!

fanofdisney
01-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Wow, thanks for the heads up about the cameras. I won't be going out in my jammies that's for sure:secret:

florida girl
01-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Is there parking at Kidani or do you have to park at Jambo?

seanyred
01-16-2010, 11:11 PM
There is plenty of parking at Kidani. The rooms are technically on the second floor with parking being under the hotel on the first floor.

TheRustyScupper
01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
A fur-piece away.

PlutoPlanet
01-19-2010, 12:21 PM
We had a Savannah view from Kadani on the 4th floor and had good views of the animals. The animals move around the Savannah, but we could see them in the morning, afternoon and evening.

The pull out bed at Kadani was not as good as the pull out beds at BWV.