PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel

SallyMcQueen
01-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Long story short, my DH won a trip for two to an all-inclusive resort in Cozumel. We've applied for passports, have all the reservations etc. Here are my questions, how much money should we bring in pesos? And beyond shorts and swim suits, what do you recommend to bring with I've never been to Mexico and the last time DH was there was for spring break in college about 10 years ago. This is a honeymoon for us (only 5 years delayed), the big plan is to hang out on the beach. We are going to visit Chichen Itza one day, but that's it. Oh we'll be there in about 7 weeks. Any info or tips are appreciated.

gueli
01-13-2010, 10:24 PM
mind you this is going back aways- 15 years ago- but cozumel is a great place to visit.
Right now I can not think of the resort we stayed at but for some reason I remember it was a part of allegro resorts.
I do not have the info on peso's
but do bring plenty of sunblock- as you will get burnt. No preparation (tanning) will help, but the degree of burn will depend on you.
The town is nice, you can rent a jeep to travel around the island. Crime is not bad there, but still be careful. I remeber using Taxi's to get from the resort into town.
If you can take a snorkeling trip (or scuba trip)- well worth the money. the water is beautiful and there is an abundance of life for such a trip.
good luck
have fun
be safe.
:mickey:

Zippy 1
01-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Leaving for Mexico tomorrow. You do not need to change any money before you go down to Mexico. You will get a better exchange rate when you get there. Depending on your resort you will need shorts and t-shirts for daytime, along with swimsuits. Definetely sunscreen. Although on the several times we have been there I have not burnt just pay good attention to the sunscreen application especially when in the water. For night time dinning you will want sundresses or skirts with tops for you and nice slacks with shirts for hubby. Not real fancy but they do require something more than shorts at most resorts for night time activities. We usually take about $1000.00 and a credit card. Really depends on how much shopping you plan to do and how many day trips. There are rules as to how much you can bring back duty free. They usually explain that on the plane. I will try to give you updated info when we return next week. We are not going to Cozumel but to an all inclusive resort just outside Cancun.

shan-ash
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
We just returned from Cozumel for New Years--the other advice is great-- But make sure you exchange your money both ways at the resort as opposed to either airport--much better exchange rate!!:mickey: