PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Resort mugs 2010?

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Has Anyone seen or heard if they have new refillable resort mugs for 2010 or are they still using last years model(Red and Yellow with mickey)

Strmchsr
01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
As of this morning it's still the same red/yellow one.

Mousefever
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
That's disappointing. I was hoping for a new style.

Amy

c&d
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
That's disappointing. I was hoping for a new style.

:ditto:
I just rearranged our wide selection of mugs and I was admiring our old Dixie Landings mugs. I loved it when the resorts all had their own mugs. Maybe someday they'll bring them back.

BigThunderFan
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I am really surprised the resorts don't have their own mugs. Especially since you are only supposed to use them at the resort they were purchased at. How would anyone know?
When we were at Pop last time I just assumed the resorts were different colors or something like that. Later I found out that all the mugs were the same. Not that we would refill them at another resort, but what is keeping people from doing that? Other than Jiminy Cricket that is?

dumbo_buddy
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
I am really surprised the resorts don't have their own mugs. Especially since you are only supposed to use them at the resort they were purchased at. How would anyone know?
When we were at Pop last time I just assumed the resorts were different colors or something like that. Later I found out that all the mugs were the same. Not that we would refill them at another resort, but what is keeping people from doing that? Other than Jiminy Cricket that is?

it's a heck of alot cheaper to make all the same mugs rather than resort-specific ones.

we leave in 11 days and 16 hours and i was really hoping for new mugs. i love my collection! i have so many doubles though. after this trip it looks like i'll have triples of the current mugs!

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
we leave in 11 days and 16 hours and i was really hoping for new mugs. i love my collection! i have so many doubles though. after this trip it looks like i'll have triples of the current mugs![/QUOTE]

Have Fun!

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
it's a heck of alot cheaper to make all the same mugs rather than resort-specific ones.

we leave in 11 days and 16 hours and i was really hoping for new mugs. i love my collection! i have so many doubles though. after this trip it looks like i'll have triples of the current mugs!

Whooops i meant to include the qoute,

Have Fun!

CaptSmee
01-13-2010, 03:32 PM
:ditto:
I just rearranged our wide selection of mugs and I was admiring our old Dixie Landings mugs. I loved it when the resorts all had their own mugs. Maybe someday they'll bring them back.

I like to use our old mugs as well. The Poly one with Minnie hula dancing on it is a favorite! The POP Century one was different as was Caribbean Beach's. I wish they would change them back to specific resorts again too, but everyone is into cost cutting...

bxrluv
01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
When we were there last Feb they were white and blue but I think they were just switching over to new ones, maybe ones that you're speaking of. Does that sound right? Hopefully, so we can get new ones.

Tinkerfreak
01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I really wish we had purchased the resort specific mugs before they changed to all the same ones. We didn't even know about the refillable mugs until I read it on here of course. We could have had great mugs from AKL, WL and BC.:(
Oh well I have 2 different types the blue ones from 2 years ago and the current ones.

beksy
01-14-2010, 01:40 PM
When we were there last Feb they were white and blue but I think they were just switching over to new ones, maybe ones that you're speaking of. Does that sound right? Hopefully, so we can get new ones.

That sounds right. The first ones were for the Year(s) of a Million Dreams and now there are red ones with characters and stuff (I haven't unpacked it yet so sorry for the lousy description) for the Celebration theme. These have either red, yellow, or black lids (your choice) and would be the "new" ones. Hopefully there will be new new ones later in the year!

Septbride2002
01-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Such a bummer about the mugs...I love my old mugs that were resort specific. I have a Poly, AKL, and Port Orleans - and then they went to the generic versions. I wish I could have gotten a Boardwalk one before they switched to everyone having the same. Oh well....maybe ebay.

~Amanda

DigitalDaredevil
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Resort specific mugs make great souvenirs . Some people would collect more than one. But I see the money savings and in this economy, they seem to be cutting everywhere they can to increase profits.
I always felt that there should be resort/land/ride specific clothing. I would love to have a tshirt of Tomorrowland or Adventureland, and so forth.

zebradome17
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I too miss the resort specific mugs - I absolutely adored my AKL one. :)
But I can see it from Disney's point of view cost-wise :unsure:

katzctkpt
01-18-2010, 12:41 AM
We love the mugs and was hoping for new ones. I think I read that the date would be printed on the mugs does the new ones have the year printed on them and also a bar code to activate the soda fountain machines to keep guest from using older cups.

DisneyFr33k
01-18-2010, 06:02 AM
The old white and blue ones were around for a couple of years, so I would think they would keep the new ones from last year around for a couple of years too.... that is, if they are trying to save $$$.

I personally loved the old mugs that were resort specific. Maybe one day they'll bring them back. :fingers:

rhonda mouse lover
01-24-2010, 09:35 PM
We stayed at Pop Century in August 2008. On the bus ride back to the airport, the bus driver told us to save our mugs for future trips. He said that they would be good for the future. We are getting ready to go back and I was wondering if this was true.

Genie1953
01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
No they are only good for the stay in which you purchased them.

Mousefever
01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
We are at CBR now, and the mugs have subtle differences from the ones we bought last March. There is no indentation, as for a cup holder. The design now goes all the way to the bottom.

Amy

finaldynasty
03-26-2010, 07:30 PM
We were at CSR last June and thy had a different mug then the one we had at the WL the year before. I wonder they just have not run out of their mugs.

ljgirl
03-26-2010, 11:43 PM
The cups can be used at any resort now. Not just your "home"!

Gaz10
03-27-2010, 04:07 AM
CSR still had their own mugs last time I stayed.it was the only place I saw resort mugs, maybe they were just using up stock.
"BRING BACK RESORT MUGS"

vws_and_disney
03-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah I have one from CSR when we went in December 08 that is resort specific. Im pretty sure it had the pepper market on it

Giselle
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Are the refillable mugs for the stay during which you buy them or can you bring them and use them on your next trip?

TammiMcMan
04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Are the refillable mugs for the stay during which you buy them or can you bring them and use them on your next trip?Only good for your current length of stay. They stopped selling lifetime refill mugs years ago.

finaldynasty
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
But it seems like they will never know when you got the mug if they all look the same. Am I wrong about this?

TammiMcMan
04-02-2010, 11:24 PM
But it seems like they will never know when you got the mug if they all look the same. Am I wrong about this?You're not wrong. They rely on the Jimminy Cricket that lives in all of us for that ;). In any case, even when they were "resort" specific mugs, they didn't always change them from year to year. The policy in effect at the time the mug was purchased can either be found printed on the side of the mug itself, or it was posted at the drink station.