PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor "On The Wings Of Love"

DisneyPrincess21
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Anyone watching it? I haven't watched the Bachelor in years... I use to watch it religiously then they starting having these really dull guys with neither personality or looks so I wasn't sure why they picked the guys. But I started watching this season last week. I never saw Jake on the show last season, but so far I am enjoying the show.

I thought the date with Ali tonight was amazing, what a first date! I know it isn't a "realistic" first date, but it was still romantic none the less. I think Ali is my favorite so far.

I know I don't like Michelle, She seems a little unstable. This girl is WAAAYYY to attached for how early it is in the game. I seriously thought she was going to attack that one girl that interrupted her one on one time with Jake. Did you see the evil look she gave the girl? Was it just me, or was anyone else terrified? I keeping waiting to see a bunny rabbit boiling on the stove :eek:

Just wanted to see if anyone else is watching.

WishingStar2006
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm watching. I always watch. I'm not sure why. I just do. There certainly has been a lot of drama so far and it's only week two. I agree that I like Ali the best....did from the moment she walked out of the limo. And yes, Michelle is a scary, scary girl and I can't believe he is keeping her around. She's definitely stalker material.

I liked Jake last season and thought he would be a good match for Jillian...but she obviously wanted a little bit of a bad boy and Jake doesn't seem to be that.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

vicster
01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Ali is my favorite also! So down to earth and doesn't seem phony. And then there's Rozlyn...too much drama. Michelle seems very needy and could be a stalker. I'm surprised he kept her on again. We have a pool for The Bachelor. It use to be just my daughter and me but now we have 6 people in the pool. It makes it a little more fun watching it plus there's the financial gain if you win!

murphy1
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I can't watch these trainwrecks anymore, now they want to put a Big Brother type show with the former Bachelors and girls on it, ugh! I heard a leak who the "winner" of this one is and couldn't believe it

vicster
01-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I can't watch these trainwrecks anymore, now they want to put a Big Brother type show with the former Bachelors and girls on it, ugh! I heard a leak who the "winner" of this one is and couldn't believe it

Who did you hear is the "winner"? SHARE!

murphy1
01-12-2010, 03:58 PM
This guy Reality Steve says all of it. He's always right. I think he works for ABC or something. He is actually pretty funny when he writes stuff. BUT DO NOT LOOK AT WHAT HE SAYS UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW.He blew up the whole Melissa/Jason thing last year, too. After knowing a couple of reality people, they say a lot of this stuff is scripted. I think the blonde girl from the beginning is married and has kids, so who knows.

DisneyPrincess21
01-12-2010, 05:52 PM
This guy Reality Steve says all of it. He's always right. I think he works for ABC or something.

Maybe this guy "reality steve" is the guy rozlyn had the "inappropraite" relationship with. LOL
Well, if he doesnt have anymore bachelor information after this season will know it was him. J/K

murphy1
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
That was a good one!!!!:D

KarenP
01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
I always watch. I find it entertaining in a very funny way. Was surprised at Rozlyn's exit. I can't believe she had a fling with a staff member. Wow! Not sure who I like yet.

DisneyPrincess21
01-19-2010, 12:57 AM
So how crazy was Michele being on tonight's episode? She acted like she was the only one there to find love. She didn't want to marry Jake, she just wants to get married and she probably doesn't care who she marries. Jake seemed nervous around her when they were on the couch, she kept talking about how she was going to kiss him for the first time, and I was worried for his safety! LOL That girl has some serious issues. I thought it was so funny how she was saying she would stay if he wanted her to, and then he said she should leave and she was completely shocked, it was like in her dillusional mind by giving him an ultimatum he would beg her to stay because she was "the one for him" She was way to obsessive about the whole situation.

As for Vienna, can I just say that girl is a stage 5 clinger! She had one date with the guy and she acts like she knows everything about him and she acts like the are "exclusive" or something.

I am glad he got rid of Elizabeth. She was alittle ridiculous with her no kiss rule. I understand people who make that choice for religious reasons but she did it just to have an upper hand over Jake. You can't say to a guy "don't kiss me, till I am the last girl" but then flirt as hard as she did, and keep saying "i want you to kiss me, I want to kiss you, do you want to kiss me?" And then say "Jake better be a man and honor my wishes" She was for sure a tease,she was just trying to make him miserable :rolleyes: Lord knows she wasn't saving her kisses for a good reason, because the way she talked at the comedy club she isn't as innocent as most people are who save their kisses.

Ally is still my favorite. Ella seems okay too

vicster
01-19-2010, 08:38 AM
I think Michelle wanted Jake to beg her to stay but obviously he could see she's a little phycho. I really liked Ella last nite - seems quite a bit more mature than the rest of them.

KarenP
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Michelle was a nut job. She didn't really think Jake was going to let her go but I am so glad he did.

As for Elizabeth, I think she was playing games and lost. She could have tried to play it a little hard to get but she was sending mixed signals and teasing Jake.

Did anyone see one of the girls in the previews telling Jake she was pregnant? I swear I saw that but then it did not happen in last night's episode.

vicster
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Did anyone see one of the girls in the previews telling Jake she was pregnant? I swear I saw that but then it did not happen in last night's episode.

I saw the preview and thought the girl saying she was pregnant was Tenley so now I'm really confused. Maybe ABC is trying to boost the ratings.

KarenP
01-19-2010, 12:09 PM
I saw the preview and thought the girl saying she was pregnant was Tenley so now I'm really confused. Maybe ABC is trying to boost the ratings.

Yes!!! I thought it was Tenley too. So maybe that was the preview for a later episode. Can you imagine poor Jake if this is true. One girl having a fling with a staff member, one head case, one playing mind games and then one pregnant with another man's child. Yikes!!

TheDuckRocks
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm not watching this season but I did see the ad with the girl saying she was pregnant. I now think I might see if ABC has the previous shows on their website and see if I can catch up.

vicster
01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Can you imagine poor Jake if this is true. One girl having a fling with a staff member, one head case, one playing mind games and then one pregnant with another man's child. Yikes!!

Poor Jake - I wonder if Jillian is watching and sees what she did to him!

Julie_Mouse
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I saw the "I'm pregnant" clip in the promo too! But when it never surfaced during last night's episode, a quick google search turned this up:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978002795&grpId=3659174697243100&nav=Groupspace

Booo ABC for the desperate ratings grab! Although on the plus side, Michelle got sent home:D

DisneyPrincess21
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Am i crazy or did anyone else notice the wardrobe change on Ella and Jakes date. Plus the bad editing job made it noticeable, one second she was in the blue dress next second she was wearing an orange top and pants. They were suppose to be on the same day of the date.

Did anyone else catch it?

wildernesslady
01-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Booo ABC for the desperate ratings grab! Although on the plus side, Michelle got sent home:D[/QUOTE]

I agree. That was not good of ABC. Yea to Michelle being gone, but she was fun to watch. I like Ali, but I think she was acting a little full of herself. She still has 8 other girls to compete with. Did Jake and Jesse even talk last night? I was surprised he kept her.

vicster
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Am i crazy or did anyone else notice the wardrobe change on Ella and Jakes date. Plus the bad editing job made it noticeable, one second she was in the blue dress next second she was wearing an orange top and pants. They were suppose to be on the same day of the date.

Did anyone else catch it?

I did catch that. I didn't see her take extra clothes with her on the helicopter so I was confused.

DisneyPrincess21
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Well it looks like the rumors are true, Tennley and Vienna are left, and if the rumors remain true Jake will pick Vienna Nooooooo Whhhhyyyyyyyy?!!???!?!??!?.

Did you catch what Chris Harrison said on the reunion show that Jake "might" pick one of the girls. Was that a little slip up/hint? Jake told ellen that when he went on her show after the bachelor first started. So maybe we will get lucky and he won't pick either, not that i don't like Tennley but the rumors say he will pick Vienna :angry:

And how delusional and rude was Rozlyn? If she didn't do anything with the producer she would have fought to stay, but by her leaving quietly showed that she obviously was doing stuff with the guy. And i believe all of the girls stories, why would they lie about it?

Nini
02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
if the rumors remain true Jake will pick Vienna

It was my understanding that we were not allowed to post predicted outcomes before an episode of a show airs. Please read the post about "spoilers".

Denise

DisneyPrincess21
02-27-2010, 11:32 PM
It was my understanding that we were not allowed to post predicted outcomes before an episode of a show airs. Please read the post about "spoilers".

Denise

My apologies, I only said it because I thought we had openly discussed it previously. I would delete my message but the option to do so is no longer available. I wouldn't have discussed it, if my memory hadn't failed me.
Again, I'm sorry :sadwave:

Moderator-please remove my previous "prediction" post if necessary.

Melanie
02-28-2010, 09:26 AM
It was my understanding that we were not allowed to post predicted outcomes before an episode of a show airs.

Actually, I'm not seeing anything here that is a true spoiler. Rumors aren't spoilers as they have no real confirmation of being true. We discuss rumors often here.

With only two contestants left, I'm sure there are plenty rumors regarding both girls being "the one".

wildernesslady
02-28-2010, 11:08 AM
The after show should be interesting.

DisneyPrincess21
02-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Actually, I'm not seeing anything here that is a true spoiler. Rumors aren't spoilers as they have no real confirmation of being true. We discuss rumors often here.

With only two contestants left, I'm sure there are plenty rumors regarding both girls being "the one".

Okay good to know, i didn't think it was a "true spoiler" but a mere rumor that people have been talking about.

Nini
02-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Actually, I'm not seeing anything here that is a true spoiler. Rumors aren't spoilers as they have no real confirmation of being true.

I totally disagree; they also have no real confirmation of not being true. (you mean if I hear a rumor of who gets voted off American Idol this week it's okay to post it? I think a lot of people would be upset at that.). Not meaning to challenge you here, just explaining my point of view.

Denise

NotaGeek
02-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I totally disagree; they also have no real confirmation of not being true. (you mean if I hear a rumor of who gets voted off American Idol this week it's okay to post it? I think a lot of people would be upset at that.). Not meaning to challenge you here, just explaining my point of view.

Denise
Well, in short, yes it would be ok. These are rumors, not facts ... they are not published by the show or network as fact. Reading any forum about a show can have "spoilers" of what might come about ... media rumors are not spoilers, as they are not founded aired facts -- its merely discussion and sharing ideas about what might happen.

Unfortunately this is one of those cases where if having the show and its outcome be completely a surprise, with no guesses about what might happen, the only way to prevent any disappointment might be to avoid the thread altogether.

As a guide, any type of info or "spoiler" that you think might affect other folks' enjoyment of the show feel free to give a **SPOILER ALERT*** and (change the font color to white) so people can choose to highlight to read. For instructions on that please go HERE (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150862).

Nini
03-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I gotcha - I still don't agree, but it's not my "house". I'll play by your rules :mickey: .

Denise

lettripp
03-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Lets talk about tonights show! I can't believe Jake set his family up to dislike Vienna... not cool.

DisneyPrincess21
03-01-2010, 11:34 PM
I am sooo annoyed that Jake picked Vienna, but I figured that he deserves whatever drama and problems she brings, and once the honeymoon phase is over she will bring drama and problems.

But, i am totally thrilled that Ali is going to be the new bachelorette!

NotaGeek
03-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I am sooo annoyed that Jake picked Vienna, but I figured that he deserves whatever drama and problems she brings, and once the honeymoon phase is over she will bring drama and problems.

But, i am totally thrilled that Ali is going to be the new bachelorette!

Lets talk about tonights show! I can't believe Jake set his family up to dislike Vienna... not cool.
MODERATOR NOTE

Through our on-going discussion about what IS and IS NOT a spoiler ... take into consideration there are several time zones ... discussing the outcome of a show until after the last time zone has aired is pretty much the true definition of SPOILING ... please take this into consideration on future discussions. If you must discuss a show immediately after airing use WHITE color font or use PM with fellow members until such a time as all time zones Pacific-Eastern have had a chance to watch.

IF you do come into a thread before the airing of the show in your time zone you are taking your own risk ... please keep in mind that you could be ruining your own surprise.

mjaclyn
03-02-2010, 12:19 AM
I am SO irritated with Jake's decision. I'm not going to mention any names so as to try and not spoil the show for those of you on the West Coast, but I'm just so upset!!! I really can't stand the girl he picked - seriously immature, no class...ugh. IMO it's just a matter of time until it's being reported that they've broken it off. It definitely will NOT last.

mjaclyn
03-02-2010, 12:22 AM

Just wanted to say that whether or not Jake decided to tell his family that Vienna was the 'girl everybody in the house hated'...remember that she told them herself within the first five minutes of meeting them. Being the 'hated' one in the house (to me) would be a huge red flag and once those words came out of her mouth I'm sure Jake's parents would have thought the same exact thing when Jake said it.

DisneyPrincess21
03-02-2010, 01:26 AM
MODERATOR NOTE

Through our on-going discussion about what IS and IS NOT a spoiler ... take into consideration there are several time zones ... discussing the outcome of a show until after the last time zone has aired is pretty much the true definition of SPOILING ... please take this into consideration on future discussions. If you must discuss a show immediately after airing use WHITE color font or use PM with fellow members until such a time as all time zones Pacific-Eastern have had a chance to watch.

IF you do come into a thread before the airing of the show in your time zone you are taking your own risk ... please keep in mind that you could be ruining your own surprise.

:confused:Okay i am truly confused. Because i remember distinctly when discussing a topic about American Idol 8 (only moments after it aired) i was doing the whole "spolier alert" writing in white thing, and the Moderator told me that once it has aired on the east coast, i no longer have to write spolier alert or write in white, so i dont know if there are different moderator rules, but i am confused.
I guess i better write in white from now on

Either that or i'll wait till 6am before i talk about anything, so i can make sure i dont ruin anything for anyone.

Anyway,
Did anyone actually like the "outcome" of the show tonight? I personally was gagging during the after the final rose special, and how corny was the dance while Jeffrey Osborne sang on the wings of love, :rotfl: Well atleast he got some work, Lord knows no one has asked him to perform that song live in atleast 15 years :D

Nini
03-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I'm questioning the spoiler thing too. (Surprise, surprise :blush:)

ANYWAY.....

I guess if Jake says he's in love with Vienna who am I to say he's wrong? I did want to see him with Gia though. I thought she seemed so sweet. I don't know why I get so into these silly shows! Oh well, can't wait for the next one. Yeah, Ally!

Denise

NotaGeek
03-02-2010, 02:20 AM
:confused:Okay i am truly confused. Because i remember distinctly when discussing a topic about American Idol 8 (only moments after it aired) i was doing the whole "spolier alert" writing in white thing, and the Moderator told me that once it has aired on the east coast, i no longer have to write spolier alert or write in white, so i dont know if there are different moderator rules, but i am confused.
I guess i better write in white from now on

Either that or i'll wait till 6am before i talk about anything, so i can make sure i dont ruin anything for anyone.

Anyway,
Did anyone actually like the "outcome" of the show tonight? I personally was gagging during the after the final rose special, and how corny was the dance while Jeffrey Osborne sang on the wings of love, :rotfl: Well atleast he got some work, Lord knows no one has asked him to perform that song live in atleast 15 years :D

MODERATOR ALERT

To be considerate of those in all time zones, normal procedure here is to wait until after the Pacific Time zone to SPOIL without using the SPOILER ALERT, but you are correct, once a show airs on the East Coast it's legally a free for all. (To be honest if members venture into any thread on the night of the show they run their own risk at being spoiled.)

The spoiler topic is done ... please keep on track discussing The Bachelor -- and at this point you can feel free to give any information you like, including any guesses about how long it will be until they break up.

lettripp
03-02-2010, 07:49 AM
I am happy Jake found love. Just keep in mind that the show probably set it up so that America would hate Vienna and then be "surprised' when she got picked. Either way, they are both happy and that is what is important!!