PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom before official opening (question)

Gregandmel
01-11-2010, 02:45 PM
We are planning an April 2010 visit and on one of the mornings, we have early reservations at 8:05am for Donald's Safari Breakfast. If we get done early (like around 8:45am) and I wanted to walk ahead and get in line to get FP for Expedition Everest, where is the rope going to be that holds me back? (since it's not official opening time yet) We were thinking we'd do the Safari first, then head to EE, but thought if I maybe got a head start & got the FP's first, that might help with planning. But I'm only interested in doing that if I could get somewhat close to the attraction before it opened. Otherwise, we'll just stay put and do the Safari, then head over to get our FP. Does anyone happen to know?? Thanks! (Hope this question makes sense)

WDWdriver
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Sorry, you won't be able to do that. The pathway between Africa and Asia is blocked by CM's until the conclusion of the park opening ceremony.

JPL
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Your best bet would be to get on the Safari and then head over ot Everest you can then Grab a FP for it and still be able to get in a relatively short stand-by line so you will get 2 rides in that way.

MOJoe
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
If you finish your breakfast before the opening ceremonies conclude, get as close to EE as you can. It shouldn't matter how close you are. When the park officially opens, go ahead and ride EE. Forget the fastpasses for now, just ride EE. If you like, you can get several rides in a row, maybe 3 - 5, before the standby line backs up in any meaningful way. After you ride, then get fastpasses for later, if you want.

When the park opens, instead of riding EE, many people go straight for the fastpass machines. So the line for a fastpass can be longer than the line for the ride itself. :confused: By waiting, you will find a shorter line at the machines, and a better return time.

My son and i have done this several times. It works like a charm. Have fun.