PDA

View Full Version : Holiday decoration update - 1/10

Melanie
01-11-2010, 07:45 AM
We went to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot yesterday and was a bit surprised to see the main trees at both parks as well as the large tree in front of the American Adventure still up. Main Street was still all decked out as well. Hopefully it will all be taken down this week.

But what really surprised me was the Christmas MUSIC still playing at both parks. On January 10th? Bah humbug!

Jeri
01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
That is surprising. I thought they took it all down by now. I have never been there for the holidays before, but it is on my list of times I want to go.

As much as I love the holidays I would not like all the decorations to still be hanging around this late into the month.

mickeysworld
01-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Melanears, we were at MK yesterday too and I'd have to agree completely! it was kinda weird having that Christmas music playing! Although with the temps, I did feel like I was in a winter wonderland!

On a bright note, MK was amazingly uncrowded. I don't think I've seen it like that since the early 90's! We walked onto Dumbo at 10:30am, same for Peter Pan and pretty much all of Fantasyland. Come to think of it, we didn't wait in line for anything!

How was Epcot? we didn't make it over there. The line for the monorail to Epcot at the TTC was crazy! Everyone was headed over to cheer on their runners I guess! Congrats to all the marathoners btw, those were some brutal conditions yall ran in, way to go!

Melanie
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Yes, MK was wonderfully empty yesterday morning. We got to do so much! If you are dressed appropriately, no reason you can't enjoy it when it's so chilly. But I'm glad I'm not the only to think it was crazy for the Christmas music to be playing. :secret:

Epcot was a little more crowded in the afternoon, but we did manage to walk right into Tokyo Dining around 1:30pm for a late lunch. I was surprised to see a 70 minute wait for Test Track when we were leaving though. :confused:

The marathoners are amazing! I heard one woman who did both the 1/2 and full (Goofy Challenge) saying Saturday for the 1/2 was much worse than yesterday with the cold rain beating their faces. I can only imagine! Amazing!!! :notworth:

TikiLounger
01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
We just got back (saturday) from a week in the parks. We too were surprised to find that all the decorations were up for our entire stay (with the exception of the Wilderness Lodge lobby...those came down towards the end of our stay). We were also pretty sick of the Christmas music by the time we left, too. Had a great time though, even with the cold temps. I miss it already!