PDA

View Full Version : Which is your fave?

monkeycity
01-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I am graduating college this coming May 8 after seven long and hard years :thumbsup: I'm 34, have a wife and two kids, had a full-time job until this year of student teaching, and am going to become an elementary school teacher. I love kids :eat: For lunch. Haha just kidding.

Anyhoo, my mother told me today that she would like to take me to Disney as a graduation present because Disney is my favorite place in the whole wide world next to my classroom. :clappy: So, I just thought I'd tell you all my life story to tell you that I will be watching these boards a whole lot more now since I am actually going to get to go. It's been five long years since I last got to go :sob:

And, to get things started, I thought I would ask a question: It has been a while, but I remember last time thinking how remarkable animatronics have become. DW wanted to hop the boat and bring Johnny Depp, a.k.a. Captain Jack, home with us. He looked so real. :pirate: Nevertheless, my favorite animatronic is still that delightful, delicate, and dimpled darlin' of the Dakotas, Swingin' Teddi Bearra. Wowwee! I love how her paws curl while she's swinging. :paw:

So, what's your fave? And why?

ANG
01-11-2010, 07:38 AM
It's always been The Haunted Mansion. I love the story behind it, the narration, and how the ghosts come alive. I was fortunate enough to ride it a few times last September. And I'm so tickled at the new things they have added.

JabberJaws
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Let's see, favorite animatronic huh?

Back when the Yeti was working in mode A, it was by far my favorite.

Now though, I would have to say (and I know this is the "easy" answer) but the Jack Sparrow animatronic is my favorite. He is so realistic looking and detailed it is quite incredible.

That being said I have yet to see the Mr. Potato Head animatronic at DHS so that one may take my vote once I see it.

#1donaldfan
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
...mine was Lucky the dinosaur, who appeared at AK for I think, two years, and is now back in Japan (or somewhere)....he did "tour" several years back...hopefully he will get to return soon...he was the coolest I've ever seen....he would walk down the street and we could walk right up to him....he did look pretty "real", or as real as how we invision what dino's would've looked like....:cool:

ransam
01-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Mine is the Hall of presidents....the way it looks so real, and in the background the presidents can be seen whspering to one another, or covering a cough.....i love that detai.

bruin1344
01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
My Top 5

1. Hall of Presidents
2. Country Bears
3. Splash Mountain
4. Spaceship Earth
5. Great Movie Ride

Giggy
01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I think the animatronics in Splash Mountain get my vote. It's my favourite ride anyway as it has a bit of everything, including some great animatronic scenes. It gets bonus points for the scene near the end which can be seen from the Walt Disney World Railroad. We have always started with the WDWRR and driving through the tunnel and seeing this scene as we go past is always a nice touch; a sign of what we have coming later I guess. :mickey:

clausjo
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
I think mine would have to be either the Pirates or the American Adventure. It's a difficult choice really, because I enjoy them all for different reasons.

On another note, congrats on your graduation! :congrats: I just finished and will be graduating on the 30th. When my husband asked me what I wanted, I told him a trip to Disney World! Unfortunately, he can't go with us, so the kids and I are going. Only 17 more days!!! I know how hard it is to work full time, take care of a family and go to school - you should be very proud of yourself!

TiggerCat
01-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Another vote for Pirates.

PopeCharming
01-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Many congratulations! Finishing college is tough under ideal circumstances, but finishig with a job and a family to look after is an accomplishment you should be proud of.

My 5 Favorite Animatronics:

1. Abraham Lincoln (Hall of Presidents)
2. Figment in the yellow sweater (JIYI)
3. Racoon playing harmonica (Splash Mountain)
4. C-3PO (Star Tours queue)
5. Arabic scholars (Spaceship Earth)

mustBgoofy
01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Congrats on finishing college and becoming a teacher! I love teaching and think that it is the most rewarding thing. It's even better being in kindergarten because I am able to see them start from scratch and grow so much! I haven't been to the world since 1993 maybe but my favorite was Haunted Mansion. I always loved how the ghost was riding in the seat with me :-)

Tink#64
01-17-2010, 12:41 AM
My fav's - in particular order:

COP, POTC, Spl Mtn

But I keep reading fantastic things about TSM and I can't wait to see Mr. Potato Head!

beksy
01-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Tough question...are you going to be this hard on your class? Just kidding--Congratulations on such a great accomplishment. My favorites would be:

Splash Mountain--they add so much to an already great ride!
Hall of the Presidents--I just saw the updated version and was amazed at how life-like they looked, especially the ones I've seen on t.v. They looked very real.
POTC--Captain Jack! enough said!
COP--I love the ride and Rover.

thesplashmountaineer
01-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Remy at Les chefs de France is pretty amazing

Pirates, HM and COP are great.

Stitch's great escape is boring but Stitch itself is pretty cool.

Minnie97
01-19-2010, 05:52 PM
:Mine is Mr. Potato Head at Toy Story Mania that ride ROCKS:congrats::grad:Have a great graduation:grad::congrats:

monkeycity
01-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks Everybody!! Intercotees are the greatest! :D

Hannah & Ryan
01-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Phantom Manor (hauned mansion) in Disneyland Paris.. In Paris, Phantom Manor sits in Frontierland, next to BTM and they share their story (Legend of Thunder Mesa).

Melanie Ravenswood lived with her parents at the mansion and they became very rich when gold was found in the mountain on their property called Thunder Mesa (BTM).
The story goes that Melanie Ravenswood fell in love with a miner at Thunder Mesa, of which her father Henry didn't approve. At the morning of the wedding, she waited for her groom to arrive, but he never did....Right before the wedding her parents died in an eathquake at thunder mesa. That eathquake was caused by the guardian firebird at Thunder Mesa. He was crossed that they took all the gold from the mines and left the mountain empty.

At the morning of the wedding Henry Raveswood's ghost came back to the mansion making sure that Melanie never got out the mansion again. Her wheeping ghost haunts the hallway's of the mansion ever since, twaiting for her groom. Together with 999 other ghosts.
It takes a great deal of courage to enter the mansion. Nobody ever got out again....

It's awsome to ride BTM first and then ride Phantom Manor, paying attention te all the details that refer to this story!! :mickey:

RAIDER
01-21-2010, 07:12 AM
American Adventure for me
I love the Roy Rogers with his lassoo :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd have to say POC and IASW. Yeah, I know, annoying song but cute little kids.

LoriMistress
01-24-2010, 05:12 AM
The Yeti (when it's working).
The bride at the HM. (WDW version)
The drunk guy on the bridge in POTC.

Pete Olsen
01-24-2010, 07:50 AM
MK
Splash Mountain
Small World
Carousel of Progress
Hall of Presidents

Epcot
American Adventure

Studios
Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom
Everest

Congratulations!

Rekenna
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
First of all Congratluations on your degree! I also have earned my degrees while being married and having a family and working a full time job-it's tough. Also, what a great graduation present!

HM is without a doubt my favorite ride, there are so many things that are just over the top there I couldn't name them all.

I have to say I love CoP-it's almost corny, but so retro, it's fantastic.

Again, congrats! Have fun-enjoy!:mickey:

Joannelet
01-24-2010, 02:44 PM
1. American Adventure: I know someone said it previously but Roy Rogers spinning the lasso amazes me everytime. I also love ben franklin climbing the stairs.

2. The Yeti when he was working :(

3. Capt Jack Sparrow.....his movements are just like Johnny Depps!!!!!

4. My new favorite is of course Mr. Potato Head especially when he pulls out his ear :)

Congrats on graduating!!! :)

kemps@wdw
01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
I really like all the AAs @ The American Adventure, but my sentimental fave would have to be "Big Al'!

finaldynasty
04-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Hall of Presidents then the Carousel of Progress next. Very good questions...Disney is the best at this medium!

WDWNut02
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Pirates and Haunted Mansion are even stevens in my book. I always fall asleep during the Hall of Presidents:sleepin:

wdwfansince75
04-05-2010, 07:18 PM
[quote=Joannelet;2008342]1. American Adventure: I know someone said it previously but Roy Rogers spinning the lasso amazes me everytime. I also love ben franklin climbing the stairs.

Actually, it is Will Rogers who does the rope....Part of his show during the later part of the depression....mid-30's (Slightly before my time.) Roy Rogers (real name-Leonard Sly) was a singing cowboy in the late 40's and 50's. Think there is an image of Roy and his horse, Trigger, in the screen part of the show....He and his wife, Dale Evans, had a weekly show in the early days of TV...Theme song was "Happy Trails".

As for my favorite animatronics...so many great ones....Really like the Mr Potato Head....still, love the classics...CoP, POTC, CBJ...HM...and Splash.

DNS
04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
...mine was Lucky the dinosaur, who appeared at AK for I think, two years, and is now back in Japan (or somewhere)....he did "tour" several years back...hopefully he will get to return soon...he was the coolest I've ever seen....he would walk down the street and we could walk right up to him....he did look pretty "real", or as real as how we invision what dino's would've looked like....:cool:
My favorite too! He is incredible!

mjm12000
04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
For sure the hall of presidents, I agree with someone else's earlier reply the way the presidents move and fidget while the others give their speaches is so real it is almost creepy.

joonyer
04-06-2010, 12:17 PM
My favorite animatronics are the characters in Carousel Of Progress. I know they are not the most technologically advanced, but it's the most "classic" Disney attraction in my opinion. I guess it wins my vote based on tradition.

retiredfigment
04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
My favorite attraction is Country Bears Jamboree, but love them all. I learned a whole new respect for them after going on the Backstage Tour and seeing some very up close

giraffeisland
04-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Splash Mountain Characters.

vws_and_disney
04-09-2010, 02:26 PM
My favorites are Mr. Potato Head and A-Mode Yeti. DW loves Jack Sparrow.

Kathy Jetson
04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I really like all the AAs @ The American Adventure, but my sentimental fave would have to be "Big Al'!

I've never been to American Adventure I thought it was a movie and that my 6yr old would not sit through it. Can someone tell me exactly what it is?

MegaDisney
04-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I've never been to American Adventure I thought it was a movie and that my 6yr old would not sit through it. Can someone tell me exactly what it is?

An animatronic stage show about America.

I too have never seen it or Hall of Presidents! :blush:

jaredkari
04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Congrats on finishing school!! I am a teacher as well and am in my first year of teaching junior high social studies. The first year is pretty rough but I know it will get better.

We went last August to celebrate me getting a job (as you probably know, finding a teaching job now days with states cutting funding is pretty tough).

My two favorite AAs are of course the new Abraham Lincoln in Hall of Presidents doing the Gettysburg Address is pretty cool. And then the Dad from CoP is an all time favorite. :mickey:

TikiLounger
04-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Hmmm...I'd have to say...

MK
Pirates of the Carribean
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion

Epcot
Spaceship Earth

HS
Toy Story Mania (Mr. Potato Head)

Animal Kingdom
The Yeti (again...when he did what he was intended to do)
The Dinosaurs in the Dinosaur ride

Kate In Wonderland
04-11-2010, 02:01 PM
First let me just say congrats on your graduation! I'm also 34 and I graduated a few years ago, so I know how difficult it can be trying to juggle everything. It's quite an accomplishment and I hope you are proud of yourself! :thumbsup:

And to answer your question - Hmmm...I'd have to say...

- Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion

Enjoy your trip!

hurdlertwin
04-11-2010, 08:10 PM
The animatronics in the Hall of Presidents are amazing. President Obama is the first animatronic (if I'm correct) in WDW that has full mobility of his digits in both hands. The animatronics in "American Adventure" at Epcot is something you should see when you're there. It's the largest rear projecting screen in the world and the details they put into the show are truly breathtaking.

mjm12000
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM

Ok I you have to go see both. I am not even American and I was blown away by American Adventure. As a Canadian we do not really have the same sense of patriotism that you, our American Neighbours are so famous for and let me tell you it is inspiring to see people who love their country so much. It is well worth taking the time to see the live singers that perform in the rotunda of the American Adventure building and then to see the show... It made me wish I was American.

eeyorepoohfan
04-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and WDW trip!!! Very exciting!!! :congrats:

I would say my favorites are POTC, Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion animatronics. But I do also enjoy the Carosel of Progress, brings back great childhood memories!!

I must admit, that I haven't seen the Hall of Presidents either, at least not that I can remember (may have done it as a child). I may have to add it to our list of things to do for our next trip (hopefully December 2010 or 2011)!

Kathy Jetson
04-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Ok I you have to go see both. I am not even American and I was blown away by American Adventure. As a Canadian we do not really have the same sense of patriotism that you, our American Neighbours are so famous for and let me tell you it is inspiring to see people who love their country so much. It is well worth taking the time to see the live singers that perform in the rotunda of the American Adventure building and then to see the show... It made me wish I was American.

Thankyou we will put it on our must do list. I'm glad we will have something new to try at Epcot this year. We love all the animatronics!

darthmacho
04-13-2010, 10:27 AM
I like Johnny Depp, but give me the Redhead! I wants the Redhead!

plutosnana
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
There's soooo much! But I have to say like allll the dogs/animals. Hey I'm plutosnana I love dogs. But I do feel bad for the poor starving dog in Pirates of the carribean. :pluto::pluto::paw::puppy::puppy:

hurdlertwin
04-18-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah, the American Adventure may be the most overlooked attraction because most younger people are drawn away because it's not fast or extremely exciting. It's a great show none the less and also helps if you need a 30 minutes break in the middle of the afternoon.