PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations??

3kingeryboys
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I know this is a stupid questions and I have been trying to find the answer without posting this so here goes.:thumbsup:

Is Illuminations every night at Epcot. We will be there Jan 30 thru Feb 4 and I really want to see this.

Also where is the best place to see Illuminations.

Thanks so much

brad192
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Illuminations runs every night, weather permitting. Everone has their own favorite spot, so you'll get a lot of differing answers on this. My personal favorite is just to the left of the VIP bleachers at the entrance to WS, behind the little gift shop there. It's usually not terribly packed with people so you can get a good view of the water & barges, plus you can see all the countries around the lagoon.

Buttercup
01-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Yep, it's every night at 9pm unless the weather is terrible. I don't really care where I see the show from. As far as I'm concerned, there are great locations all around the lagoon of World Showcase. .. and I make it a point to view from a different location each trip so I get a new perspective!

robhink
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
It's held every night at 9pm. You can get a good view of it from most places in the World Showcase, keep an eye on the wind since you don't want all the smoke heading towards you.

mom2morgan
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Now stop that! That is totally NOT a stupid question, and no one minds answering anything here :-)

yourmagicalguide
01-11-2010, 10:31 AM
[...] keep an eye on the wind since you don't want all the smoke heading towards you.

I can definitely agree with this! My family and I had a not-too-pleasant experience while standing on the bridge between France and U.K. during one visit. Let's just say having smoke blown in your face makes the experience far less enjoyable - not to mention difficult to see ;)

Besides making sure the wind isn't blowing in your face once you've found a place to watch, I would also suggest finding a spot early so you won't have people standing in front of you. The crowd around World Showcase will noticably thicken the closer it gets to IllumiNations, so designating a spot 45 minutes in advance isn't a bad idea.

DH and I found a great spot on our last trip between America and Japan that was near a funnel cake cart, a beverage station, and a bathroom :thumbsup:

Good luck and I hope you and your family enjoy the show! :mickey:

BMan62
01-11-2010, 10:41 AM
If you can get one of the tables between the Wine cart and Crepe cart in front of the France pavilion, you can see pretty well.

Main concern: Which way is the breeze blowing? make sure you are in a location with the breeze at your back for best viewing.

bruin1344
01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I enjoy watching it from Rose & Crown while eating

Gator
01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes, it's what I like about Epcot - they do fireworks everynight, rain or not.

Crow
01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
yes every night Illuminations. I like watchin it from Japan. 2 wks till i see it again!

Touchdown
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
My biggest factor is the wind direction, Ive seen it from practically every country, and they all have their pluses and minuses.

dixiepixie
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I enjoy watching it from Rose & Crown while eating

Same here, this is the best spot in my opinion. Even if we don't eat dinner here, we will make a reservation about an hour and a half before Illuminations and relax with coffee and dessert.

kemps@wdw
01-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Any view is a good view. We've seen it from just about everywhere over the years. A few of our faves...patio dining @ Rose & Crown :thumbsup: or the lagoon-side cantina in Mexico, :thumbsup: on the porch @ the store in Japan gives a great view w/SE in the background. :thumbsup: and gives you a little boost above the crowd.

3kingeryboys
01-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks so much. I was wanted to eat at D & C and watch after reading this but my 3 DS does not want to b/C he is afraid that he wont like the food at R & C. I told him not to worry but still ther are.

We leave in 6 days!! I cannot WAIT!!!:cloud9: