PDA

View Full Version : Mama's Melrose Menu Change

Gator
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I was just looking online at an updated menu of Mama's Melrose for my trip to WDW next week. I already knew what I was getting, but my wife wanted to see. That's when I saw it....the menu changed....a LOT. My favorite meal of all time was the Pork Marsala, and they took it off. Also, my wife remembered getting cheese stuffed shells and they were off the menu as well. I wonder why they changed so many things?

Robbieligh
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I, too, was very disappointed when they changed their menu. They took my favorite dish, which was the eggplant napoleon, off the menu. That was the very reason I would go to Mama Melroses.:(

VWL Mom
01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I, too, was very disappointed when they changed their menu. They took my favorite dish, which was the eggplant napoleon, off the menu. That was the very reason I would go to Mama Melroses.:(

Wasn't that the best....soooo yum!

Gator
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM

Yeah, my wife was wanting to order that. We saw it here at info central, but found an updated menu on another site. What a bummer. I hope the food is still as good as it was before.

KylesMom
01-10-2010, 08:38 PM
It was explained to us that a new chef was brought in last year and he "tweaked" the menu to his liking. We dined at Mama's on three separate occasions last summer after the changes were made, and enjoyed our meals immensely.

wdwvacationeer
01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
We were also disappointed to see that the menu at Mama Melrose had changed. We usually go there every year because the eggplant napoleon dish is my daughter's absolute favorite. I mentioned it to the waiter the last time we were there and the chef came out to meet my daughter- much to her teenage embarassment- but I thought it was very nice.

Dragongirlx
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I was disspointed they didn't have the chicken bruschetta the last time we were there cause that was my favorite. And no artisan breads and dips!

marlaine
01-11-2010, 10:28 AM
When we were there last Sept., they took a lot off their menu. We've gone there every year--last year was a big disappointment. And what's up with that bread? No good (for an Italian restaurant). No breadsticks? What? No breads and spreads? This restaurant will not be on my list for our upcoming trip--sad to say because it used to be something we looked forward to.

TheDuckRocks
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
We are going to Mama's in April after not eating here in a couple of years and this does not make me happy. No bread and spreads? What about the spumoni? Is it still being served? Crazy as it sounds that has always been my favorite WDW dessert.

Seasonscraps
01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
A lot of the restaurants have "tweaked" their menus over the past year or so. It's really disappointing to look forward to a special dish that is no longer there.

Gator
01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I was disspointed they didn't have the chicken bruschetta the last time we were there cause that was my favorite. And no artisan breads and dips!

WHAT!?!?! No Bread?! How can they be Italian and have no bread? And what am I going to feed my son? He only eats bread. Sounds like this new chef is from Birmingham, not Italy.

Polynesian Dweller
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
One post says there was no bread in September, not sure what happened there, but we were given bread in October.

Dragongirlx
01-12-2010, 03:31 AM
One post says there was no bread in September, not sure what happened there, but we were given bread in October.

I said that there were no artisan bread and dips on the menu - not that there was no bread altogether. It was one of the starters they used to have with roasted garlic and other dips I really liked it but I am addicted to garlic

Polynesian Dweller
01-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I said that there were no artisan bread and dips on the menu - not that there was no bread altogether. It was one of the starters they used to have with roasted garlic and other dips I really liked it but I am addicted to garlic

My post was not in reference to yours, it was about the one that specifically mentioned September which yours did not.

We didn't get dips either but did get olive oilve and two types of bread.

marlaine
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I didn't say there was no bread--I said I didn't like the bread they had. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't like the plain bread they had instead of nice, crusty beautiful Italian bread! :sick:

DisneyFr33k
01-12-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't find an updated menu online. Can someone post the new menu here?

KylesMom
01-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Every menu I've looked at on-line shows Eggplant Napoleon still being served at Mama Melrose . . . . and each claims to be accurate. However, I know that as of June they had changed the name of the "Butcher Tender Steak" over to the "Charred Tender Steak". So whatever menu you choose to go by, realize that none of them may be entirely accurate!

Patricia
01-12-2010, 01:08 PM
This is the new menu..

Mama Melrose Menu (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/MamaMelroseRistorante/mama-melroses-ristorante-italiano-menu-lunch.pdf)

KylesMom
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks, Patricia! :mickey::thumbsup:

Dizneytwins
01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
A lot of the restaurants have "tweaked" their menus over the past year or so. It's really disappointing to look forward to a special dish that is no longer there.

But isnt that the fun of seeing whats new and exciting at Disney? Especially a place like Mama melrose where the theme is fresh California Italian cuisine?? I think im in the minority but I like what they have done there. the food has been consistantly better on my last 5 trips there!

Seasonscraps
01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
But isnt that the fun of seeing whats new and exciting at Disney? Especially a place like Mama melrose where the theme is fresh California Italian cuisine?? I think im in the minority but I like what they have done there. the food has been consistantly better on my last 5 trips there!

That hasn't been my experience. Most of the items I have seen removed have been replaced with items that are lower quality and/or more generic.

I am glad that hasn't been your experience. And I noticed this is your first post...
Welcome to Intercot!!

KylesMom
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT, Dizneytwins! Even though some favorites have been pulled from the menu, this is a place we still enjoy immensely. We've been re-repeat customers every year since 2001 . . . and will continue to go back!

Goofy4TheWorld
01-13-2010, 10:51 PM
This is the new menu..

Mama Melrose Menu (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/MamaMelroseRistorante/mama-melroses-ristorante-italiano-menu-lunch.pdf)

I have never realized that the Disney.com site actually had menus published for their restaurants?

Is this available for all of their restaurant's menus, or just some. Where do you find them on the site?

EDIT: Now that I go back to the WDW website, I feel silly for not seeing those menu links on the right :blush: