PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass for DVC

fanofdisney
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I called MS to get the code for $50 off my purchase of the PhotoPass CD and got it quickly but I am a bit confused by the email. When I purchased the PhotoPass last time, which was in 2008, I went to that special site to get the discount but had to pay for it before our trip. If I understand the email correctly I don't need to do that this time. It sounds like I go to the site after our trip look at the pictures and make any changes, add borders etc.. then add the discount code once I put the CD in my cart. I don't want to return from my trip and find out I can't save the $50 because I didn't pay for it ahead of time. Has anyone done this yet? I am a bit confused by this new method:confused:

seanyred
01-10-2010, 12:29 PM
I was under the impression that DVC guests didn't get a Photopass Discount. Was it Member Services that gave you the code?

dlpmikki
01-10-2010, 12:50 PM
The new system for all who stay onsite (and yes currently DVC members have to go via member services) is you get an email code for a discount. You can only get it in the few weeks before you leave but you don't have to pay any money or commit to buying until after your trip has finished (ie 30 days after you claim the photos)

DizneyRox
01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I think the 30 day timer starts the day the pictures are taken. So, 30 days after your trip there will only be pictures from your last day.

epcot3
01-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I called MS to get the code for $50 off my purchase of the PhotoPass CD and got it quickly but I am a bit confused by the email. When I purchased the PhotoPass last time, which was in 2008, I went to that special site to get the discount but had to pay for it before our trip. If I understand the email correctly I don't need to do that this time. It sounds like I go to the site after our trip look at the pictures and make any changes, add borders etc.. then add the discount code once I put the CD in my cart. I don't want to return from my trip and find out I can't save the $50 because I didn't pay for it ahead of time. Has anyone done this yet? I am a bit confused by this new method:confused:

I have done this. Go on your trip, claim your pics when you get home. Make your modifications. Put the cd in your cart, and apply the code MS sent. You will get $50.00 taken off the price. You have 30 days from when you claim your pictures to order your disk, unless the photopass people send an email stating they are extending your viewing time. Hope this helps, enjoy your trip.:thumbsup:

LoriSan
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
so how much does the CD cost after $50 off?

Gator
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
so how much does the CD cost after $50 off?

It's still $100. And so you all know: people who rent your points cannot get this $50 discount email. It can only go to members. I know, because I'm renting and can't get the code from the member I'm renting from. Apparently it's a courtesy to members only.

fanofdisney
01-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the info. I thought I was reading it wrong but I guess not. I am happy to hear I don't have to pay for it until I return.
Seanyred-yes, you call MS and let them know you would like the code to get $50 off your PhotoPass and they will email it to you. They say it could take a few days to get it but I got mine about an hour after I called.

TheDuckRocks
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I want to make sure I'm understanding this completely. I will not get the email with the code unless I call and request it? How far in advance of our trip should I make the call?
Thanks, guys. I don't understand why they just don't email all of us automatically like DIsney Travel does.

fanofdisney
01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, you have to call to get the code, doesn't make sense to me either:confused: You can call once you are at your 45 day mark up until you arrive/check in, but I don't think I would cut it that close:blush:

TheDuckRocks
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Thank you, I have now marked the date on my callendar.

candleshoe
01-15-2010, 11:41 AM
thank you for this thread- we just got back and I had no idea there was this discount- I called DVC member services and within 24 hours they emailed me the code. You basically put $50 into my hands! (no- you're not getting it back!):mickey:

fanofdisney
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Oh I am so happy:party::clappy: I get so much good advice/help at Intercot I am so happy to be able to help someone else. I hope you had a great trip and got a lot of pics.

dlpmikki
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
I am here at the moment. You have 30 days from taking the first photo to claim your pictures and once claimed you have another 30 days.

I also have a friend who is renting points and she was able to get the code for her renters but she was the one who had to ring member services. She did tell them it was for a renter. It does seem the deal is for anyone staying onsite but isn't always easy to get.

seanyred
01-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I called member services today because I'm only 30days :mickey: from my next trip. Anyhow, it took the CM on the phone awhile to to make the request but two hours later I had the e-mail with the promo code.