PDA

View Full Version : My Pal Mickey

binster
01-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I see the Pal Mickey has been discontinued as well as the pins that light up at certain places in the park. Does anyone know if they have anything like this now? I heard of a phone?
Or even a hand held gaming sysytem? Thanks!
:confused:

Patricia
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes, the pins are gone and Pal Mickey is no longer for sale.

They did test out a new Nintendo DS guide for the Magic Kingdom some time ago. Only trouble was, very few people were interested in having their credit card imprinted for the 300.00 damage deposit. Since that time nothing more has come of it.

Disney has no plans to let people load the software to their own DS.

It would seem Disney is using phone apps at this time. Although, Verizon users are the only ones able to access the new Mobile Magic app.

There are other Disney Park (not created by Disney) apps available to download on iPhones, but they would only be good if you are using an American Phone Service. Any roaming charges for phones outside of the Country would add up.

There is the interactive Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/kim-possible/) that takes place in Epcot. Most people enjoy the Missions.

SuzieBell
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, the pins are gone and Pal Mickey is no longer for sale.

They did test out a new Nintendo DS guide for the Magic Kingdom some time ago. Only trouble was, very few people were interested in having their credit card imprinted for the 300.00 damage deposit. Since that time nothing more has come of it.

Disney has no plans to let people load the software to their own DS.

It would seem Disney is using phone apps at this time. Although, Verizon users are the only ones able to access the new Mobile Magic app.

There are other Disney Park (not created by Disney) apps available to download on iPhones, but they would only be good if you are using an American Phone Service. Any roaming charges for phones outside of the Country would add up.

There is the interactive Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/kim-possible/) that takes place in Epcot. Most people enjoy the Missions.

Does anyone know if you had one of those pins or a Pal Mickey, would they continue to work? We bought a PM in '05 and brought it in '08 ad it worked! Also updated too!

binster
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
:-o

binster
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
thank you for your help!!

JPL
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
According to the Press Release when they announced they were discontinuing PAL Mickey he will still work in the parks but no further updates will be available to the software.

Polynesian Dweller
01-11-2010, 09:48 PM
We bought a PM in '05 and brought it in '08 ad it worked! Also updated too!

Pal Mickey was discontinued in the fall of 2008. They were still updating then. However, as JPL said, the announcement was that it would continue to work but not update after that time.

starryeyes21
01-11-2010, 10:52 PM
My husband and I took our My Pal Mickey to WDW this last September and he does still work. A few people asked us where we got him and we had to tell them that we bought him in 08 and he's been discontinued.