PDA

View Full Version : BLT- MK or Bay Lake view?

mouseketeer mom
01-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Do you automatically get the pool view along with the Bay lake view? ...
My husband is preferring a Bay Lake view. He enjoys looking at the water more than the parking lot. I'm thinking the MK view because I enjoy looking at the castle more than the water...! Plus we can also see Wishes from our Balcony then. Which is the prettier view? For those who have stayed, which do you recommend? I'm really torn. Views matter to us, we do spend time on the balcony/patio.

Tinkermom
01-09-2010, 11:12 PM
No - you do not automatically get a pool view with a Bay Lake view. We had a Bay Lake view room and it actually faced more toward the Contemporary. We could not see the BLT pool at all. From our balcony we could see the Contemporary pool area, Bay Lake (with all of the boats coming and going), the monorail, AND we could see Seven Seas Lagoon and the entrance to MK. We could not quite see the castle. We could actually see Epcot, DHS and AK off in the distance as well! I wished we had brought binoculars! We also spend quite a bit of time on our balcony - in fact love to enjoy coffee in the morning out there. We found the bay lake view enjoyable and relaxing. WIth the MK view you are also overlooking the parking lot. While the castle certainly is beautiful I thought the parking lot was somewhat distracting.

As far as Wishes... DH and I enjoyed heading up to the Top of the World member lounge to watch Wishes. The music is piped in (something you would miss on your balcony) and it was never crowded. Awesome view from up there!

Good luck with your decision! :thumbsup:

mdhiggin
01-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Our Bay Lake view was at the very edge of the lake where it meets the tennis court. Off to the left you could see the castle. From our couch on the far right of the room, we could see the castle also.

SorcererJim
01-10-2010, 10:30 AM
As far as Wishes... DH and I enjoyed heading up to the Top of the World member lounge to watch Wishes. The music is piped in (something you would miss on your balcony) and it was never crowded. Awesome view from up there!

We havent gone "home" just yet ... February will be our first trip home, but we have a LV room requested. We asked for North Side Even Number which may get you a partial view of MK and Wishes while still in the LV class. However, just wanted to comment that I thought they piped the Wishes music through a channel on the TV so you can hear the music in your room. Enjoy it either way you pick it!

RAIDER
01-11-2010, 07:39 AM
We just came back from their in Dec and i would go for a lake view any day ,provided its a high floor on the south side .
The south side overlooks Epcot so you can see their fireworks :thumbsup:

pox24
01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
We were fortunate enough to be on the 14th floor overlooking the pool and lake. It was awesome. We saw the MK vantage point from the elevator lobby and actually liked the lake view better. Gorgeous sunrise each morning. The Top of the World was great viewing of the fireworks. Our standard view was 4th floor on the tennis court side. Not a bad view either. Either way, the BLT is a great place to stay. I can't wait to go back.

jnfr2424
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
We were there in November and we had the best of the both - BL and MK view and honestly I would take the BL view again anyday!
Just to see the sun rise over the lake and for some reason it just seemed more private
We were on the 10th floor and our room number was 8010

dixiepixie
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
We were there in November and we had the best of the both - BL and MK view and honestly I would take the BL view again anyday!
Just to see the sun rise over the lake and for some reason it just seemed more private
We were on the 10th floor and our room number was 8010

Could you see the castle and Wishes from your balcony? Your view sounds perfect...we are trying to figure out what room to do as well. We want to see Wishes, but would love a view of the lake as well.

tdk316
01-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Go for the BL view - we got lucky and could sit on the balcony and watch MK fireworks without paying for the MK view. :mickey: The kids loved it!

jenny1976
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I have only ONE thing to ROOM 8014 ON THE
10TH FLOOR!!!

MinnieMommie
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
We just got back from staying in a 1 bedroom on the 14th floor. It was a Bay Lake view but we had a perfect view of the castle and fireworks from our balcony, living room and bedroom. We also had a view of the north end of the lake. We bird watched every day. Lots of soaring birds. I would stay in this room again in a heartbeat. :mickey: