PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Your Future

Iteachpc
01-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Today I got an email from Spaceship Earth at EPCOT with the above title. It was the movie from the ride where they put your face into the characters. Pretty neat, but the people aren't me or my family members. As a matter of fact I haven't been to EPCOT in about 6 months. LOL! I was at MK for New Year's Eve, but we didn't go to EPCOT. Somewhere there is a person wondering where their video of the ride is and I'm wondering, "Who are these people?" LOL!
Just thought that was funny and wanted to share.

AbeeNormal
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
That's Awesome..... Think of them as extended family of the unknown...:thumbsup:

Captain_Nemo
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
lol nice, I diden't know it sent ya the movie

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Now we know why emails sent from them never reach home. They go to someone else!

Tink#64
01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
LOL! Too funny! But it makes you wonder! I love sending those emails home to family & friends when we're at WDW! But you reminded me of one of our trips, I'm thinking it was in 2004, we picked up one of our packages at the gift shop in PC & we were surprised looking at the pictures of some mystery people on SplM instead of our family! :) So we had to go back to SplM & see if they could retrieve our families pics! Luckily they were able to find us, but I always wondered if somebody else received our pictures as well! :D

yourmagicalguide
01-11-2010, 10:15 AM
That's too funny that you received that email out of nowhere! :D My guess is that someone has an email address very similar to yours and simply mistyped theirs.

DH and I didn't have any problems with receiving an emailed link to our video once we returned home from our last trip to WDW. We also found our printable certificates for completing Mr. Ray's Pop Quiz in our email inbox as well. They make great additions to any Disney scrapbook :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing :mickey:

Dragongirlx
01-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey it could be mine I never recieved the pictures I sent myself. If its of a girl with short red hair and glasses with another almost identical girl with long red hair then its me and my twin sister:)
It's a cool reminder of what you can do at WDW though even if the picture isn't of you

EpcotChic23
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
My future must be very far because I am still waiting for mine from about a year and half ago.

MOJoe
01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
"Who are these people?"

Maybe the title should be, "Greetings from your future in a parallel universe." :teleport:

Iteachpc
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I KNOW WHO THE PEOPLE ARE IN THE VIDEO!!!

This is the funniest ending to this story.

This weekend I'm on the phone with a friend who lives near Orlando. She says, "Guess what we did today?" I say, "What?" She says, "Took Anna (their daughter) to EPCOT." I said, "That is so weird because I got this video from Spaceship Earth of some people I don't know." By this time she is laughing and says, "Did you look at the faces?" "Oh No!" I said, "Is it you?" Yep! It was her daughter and husband! We had a great laugh about that one! In my defense, her husband was wearing a hat so it was hard to make out his face. When I watched it again I did recognize them though.

Hope everyone enjoyed this rather silly tale!

Buttercup
01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow! It makes me wonder... because I've always sent our video home but it never arrives! Maybe someone out there is getting our videos!

crltkcagle
01-11-2010, 05:47 PM
That is so funny because something simliar happened to my mom! She recieved an email from The kodak lab with a man and a woman who looked extremly simliar to her and my father. She figured it was me and my husband because we were in disney world at the time. When I returned from my trip I looked at it and realized it was none of us! We don't know who they are, where they are from but we do know they look alot like us! LOL

ltjrrich
01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I remember years ago Innoventions had a computer where you could e-mail yourself a postcard. I remember doing it and never receiving that post card. However I just got back from a week in WDW, and not only did I receive my correct future from Spaceship Earth, but I received it rather quickly. So...it worked fine for me. I hadn't been to WDW since June of '03, so the ending of Spaceship Earth (the whole ride, really) was new to me. I loved it! The ending is a lot of fun now with the vision of the future.

PETE FROM NYC
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Last September,I sent it to both my e-mail and my sisters, and they both got thru.