PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic starting point?

BelleandtheBeast
01-09-2010, 10:19 AM
21 days and counting, woohoo!!

I have so many questions.

I was wanting to know where the starting point for spectromagic parade is? Thank you!!

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
On Intercot, under Theme Parks tab, MK, there is a link for the MK map, on there you will see a red dotted line that goes from the left side of Main Street, up towards the Castle, around Walt and Mickey, and bears left through Liberty Square and ending at Frontier Land-this is the parade route. Intercotees better versed than I could probably tell you which direction the parade will come on which days (it depends if there will be 2 showings of SpectorMagic-it goes down one way and back the other). We like to sit to the right side of the castle, next to Walt and Mickey to see the parade. Sitting back towards Frontier Land is also a good spot, it seems to be less crowded.

I love SpectorMagic, it's my favorite parade and I never miss it when we are at MK.

Have fun!:mickey:

Gator
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
It goes in the opposite direction of the Share a Dream Come True Parade, or whatever they're calling it these days. It's the one parade I've never had a good seat for.

mouse2508
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
ditto on our favorite parade as well.

if only 1 parade scheduled, it typically travels from Main St to Frontierland; if a 2nd parade then it reverses this route.

We have sat in the middle of Main St, which is pretty cool as you can see the floats sorta stage themselves before they're directly in front of you; we've also stood on the curve near Exposition Hall/Tony's, this likewise offers a neat perspective (as well as a quick park exit!). However our fav spot is in Frontierland, anywhere near Peco's Bills (if you sit on the opposite side it can make video/pix a little difficult because of the lighting on top of the buildings are aimed directly at you). And, if there's a Wishes show afterwards then you meandor towards Partners Statue or a little further down Main St for a beautiful view :)

My 2 cents, hope you have a wonderful time :clappy:

01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
if only 1 parade scheduled, it typically travels from Main St to Frontierland; if a 2nd parade then it reverses this route

Goes the same way whether there are two or one. Starts at the Firehouse gate in Town Sq. and exits by Splash Mt. in Frontierland. Never saw it "reverse" all summer and fall of 2009. Worked Parade Audience Control (PAC) at least 5 nights a week during this period.

Celebrate a Dream Come True goes the same way unless there is some "logistical or weather" situation that delays the spotting of floats backstage, then it may run in reverse (Frontierland to Town Sq.).

mustBgoofy
01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Is there a list of times for parades for all parks? I really don't want to miss Spectro especially since my DH has never seen it. I am trying to set some things up over MLK weekend and Mardi Gras week in Feb. since those are my only breaks from work before our trip.

mustBgoofy
01-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Never mind! I answered my own question for everything but Spectro! Thanks for reading though!

DreamFinder2
01-09-2010, 05:49 PM
The best :mickey: viewing spot is in Frontierland, just outside of the candy shop...there are a couple large platforms (tree planters, I think) that make great seats! My DW and I watched the parade 3 times during our last trip! It gets to "our" viewing spot about 20 minutes after the parade start time.

We purchased a couple bowls of chili and coffee and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves :cloud9:

Touchdown
01-09-2010, 08:57 PM
As much as I enjoy finding choice spots in Frontierland less then 10 mins before it starts, the parade loses something when not viewed from Main Street. I personally think its worth the extra time to grab a spot there. I typically pick a spot close to the Castle end because from there you essentially only have to walk into the street and pivot to get a choice viewing spot for Wishes right after the parade passes.

TheRustyScupper
01-10-2010, 02:57 PM
1) The evening parade ALWAYS starts next to firehouse in Towne Square.
2) This lets people out after the parade passes.
3) Without this, it would be a mob scene trying to exit.

CaptSmee
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Celebrate a Dream Come True goes the same way unless there is some "logistical or weather" situation that delays the spotting of floats backstage, then it may run in reverse (Frontierland to Town Sq.).

This must be new then. Every daytime parade I've ever seen started in Frontierland. I had to just check my pictures from last year...we watched from the Hall of Presidents & the floats were coming around the corner heading towards the castle hub & main street. Spectromagic does start at main street & end in Frontierland.

TheRustyScupper
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
This must be new then. Every daytime parade I've ever seen started in Frontierland.

1) Correct.
. . . the night parade starts up front to let people exit
. . . the day parade starts in the back to free up the park
2) There is a big bottleneck if the back end is tied up for very long.
3) Once the parade passes, Frontierland and Adventureland are open.