PDA

View Full Version : Easter Decorations/Parades???

BabyBun
01-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Does Disney decorate for Easter or have any parade floats? How about the Easter Bunny...is he around anywhere? If so, when would all this start? We may be down in FL in March but coming home on Palm Sunday so we would miss the week before Easter. Thanks.

Patricia
01-09-2010, 10:05 AM
They don't do much for Easter anymore.

You have to watch for the activities to be listed closer to the dates. It varies..

Easter week they would have an Easter Bunny Meet and Greet.

Easter Day MK would have a small parade at opening and some of the resorts would have Easter Egg hunts and other activities for kids. Info can be found at the individual Resorts Guest Services.

Easter Mass will also be available, usually at the Contemporary.

I think your dates will have you missing any of these events.

crmark1
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
My Disney Family has been at WDW during Easter several times. Some of the TS resturants offer special menus. Last time we were there in Future World in Epcot there was an egg hunt, and the Easter bunny was at American Showcase. We always seem to be at Epcot on Easter day so I dont know what the other theme parks have.

Touchdown
01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I miss that Easter Parade, I was actually there for the taping of the TV broadcast in 1999. It was great. Spent Easter Sunday at Epcot as well, it was an all around fantastic day, perfect weather, and no crowds (although the MK did end up closing its gates due to them) never waited more then 10 minutes the whole day.

crmark1
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Same here Easter day crowds at Epcot never seemed that bad.this year Epcot has early extra magic hours Easter day.

Imagineer1981
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Keep an eye out for special easter merchandise too, like pins and such

handmaidenofprincesses
01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Oh I hope there's fun Easter stuff!! I'll be there for the college program and it'll be my first time away from home for Easter (granted, I'll be working, but still...):ebasket: