PDA

View Full Version : Walking from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness ?

fielin
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I might take the segway tour they have at fort wilderness. As it starts quite early, I am thinking of walking from WL where I'm staying to FW.

How long is the walk ?

Thanks !

faline
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I've never walked it but I suspect you'll walk the same route the Segway tour uses and the carriage tours use in the evening. Based on having done the carriage rides, I'd suspect it's about a 15-20 minute walk.

Jillirose
01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
We rented a surrey bike at WL and rode to the campground. It was a beautiful (slow) ride - about 15 minutes. It would be a great walk. Enjoy the segway tour, I've always wanted to do that!

DizneyRox
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Do not attempt this walk if it's dark. I was going to do it once after a HDD show one summer and we got close, but the eyes looking out from the woods made us turn around. I'm a huge fan of walking WDW but that one walk I'll only do in the middle of the day.

fielin
01-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Do not attempt this walk if it's dark. I was going to do it once after a HDD show one summer and we got close, but the eyes looking out from the woods made us turn around. I'm a huge fan of walking WDW but that one walk I'll only do in the middle of the day.

Oooooh, creepy ! :)
It should not be dark at this time of the day and year, but I'll keep that in mind. :)