PDA

View Full Version : No Extra Fantasmic this month

Gator
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I was really hoping that since WDW is shutting down so many cool rides in January that they'd offer more Fantasmic days. They added days in November and December but nothing for January. Just a shame that it's replaced with an outdated show that I won't even watch on TV at home.

NotaGeek
01-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, its been long discussed that January is low season and lots of stuff is closed due to lower park numbers -- less people makes it ideal for refurb closures. I don't find it shocking that that aren't adding Fantasmic! shows considering it's not an inexpensive replacement for closed rides. November and December crowd levels probably make it cost effective to add the Fantasmic! performances.

Patricia
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think it would help to add extra Fantasmic shows in DHS to help ride closures in other parks. The only thing closed in January at Hollywood Studios is Sounds Dangerous and Indiana Jones will be closed for 3 days. It is really not busy enough to add shows. Having been in January before, I remember most Fantasmic shows don't fill up.

"Just a shame that it's replaced with an outdated show that I won't even watch on TV at home."

I'm a little sleepy still.. What show are you referring to here?

MOJoe
01-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't think it would help to add extra Fantasmic shows in DHS to help ride closures in other parks. The only thing closed in January at Hollywood Studios is Sounds Dangerous and Indiana Jones will be closed for 3 days. It is really not busy enough to add shows. Having been in January before, I remember most Fantasmic shows don't fill up.

I'm a little sleepy still.. What show are you referring to here?

Gotta be American Idol Experience, though i had to stop and think about it.