PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies?

yjgirl32
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Will be staying three nights her and was just wondering what the resort is like? Food? Bus transportation? Thanks for all your help.

azcavalier
01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
We like All Star Movies, but can't stay there anymore as our youngest child is now four, and so we need a room that sleeps five.

The All Stars have the smallest of all Disney Property Resorts, but the theming at ASM is fabulous. If you don't get a Toy Story area room, go over and check it out. In any case, the rooms are pretty basic hotel rooms with Disney theming. Two double beds, TV, one sink, bathroom area. The pool is *huge*, and has a Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia standing on a rock with water shooting out of it. The kids love to play under those.

The food is a pretty basic food court. We like the food courts at the moderate resorts better, but the one nice thing about this one is that it's close to the buses and parking lot. So you can buy that "all you can drink" mug and fill it up on your way to and from the parks. It's not that convenient at, say, Port Orleans Riverside.

The buses are OK, but not great. It shares buses with the other All Stars, so it hits each of those on the same route. That said, there are a lot of All Star buses, but you can still be waiting a while.

I would go to the allears.net site to check it out. They have pictures, statistics, etc, etc so you can get a feel for it before you go. We stayed there three times when the kids were younger, and loved it.

Gator
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
My kids really loved ASMov. We stayed in the Dalmatian area, and it helped the kids leave the parks knowing they were coming back to see the giant doggie.

The food court was good. The food had good variety and there's plenty of space to eat.

The pool is really cool - my kids loved the Mickey pool.

The bus service is the weak point. I had a bad time over the PO-Riverside, but ASM took the title of "worst". We never had to pick up others from the other AS resorts, but it was still slow and chaotic. Still, it's better than renting a car.

Overall, a good resort if you have kids. Otherwise, spend the extra dough and head to a Moderate.

KarenP
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I liked All Star Movies a lot when I stayed there. I had no problems with the bus transportation. The most I ever waited was 15 minutes. I thought the food court was very nice. The theming of the resort is great!

CzepielCrew
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I stayed there in November 2007 with my husband and 2 kids. We had a room in the Toy Story section which they loved. It was cool for them to look out their window at Buzz and Woody. The food court was not bad, but very busy in the morning. We never had a problem with the buses, but it is the last stop when you take the All Star bus, it stops at Music and Sports first. The mickey themed pool was nice and it was pretty quiet at night. Could have to do with the time we went, too. But, all in all, we liked the place.

Rekenna
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
We really like ASMo-we have been there a couple of times and this is what my boys will pick from the Values, the themeing is the best in their worthy opinions.

My sister went with us on our last trip-this was her first stay at a Disney resort and she really liked it. The rooms are small, but manageable. The pool is very nice, as is the gift shop, arcade and laundry facilities. I think the food court is bright, clean and offers alot of various choices.

Busses are fine-we never had a problem, but we went with the expectation that we would have to wait-that's just how it is at the Values, although I think there are more busses picking up and dropping off at the Values since they are busy places to be. It seems the only time we have ever had an issue with a bus is late at night, after closing time and everyone is leaving at the same time-but, you would have that at any of the resorts. The only thing that would be nice is if they had a covered waiting area-it can get pretty warm somtimes waiting for the bus.

I will say on our last trip we drove down and we drove to the parks while on property-it spoiled us for sure. We will probably always drive from now on when we all go down (there are 5 of us) it's more cost effective. I love Disney transporation, it rocks-but it was super-nice having our vehicle.

The values are always great for us, but we approach it in reality-ie-we know the Values are not 5 star hotels. ASMo is clean, adult and kid friendly and alot of fun-you will have a good time! Enjoy!:mickey:

yjgirl32
01-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Well thank all of you for your help. Good news is we weren't planning on using the bus transportation all that much as we planned on going to Seaworld and Busch Gardens the days we are staying here. We will use the food court here and there but also not too often. Thanks again.