PDA

View Full Version : Question about booking online

Ricbr
01-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I am just getting myself prepared for Feb 1st when I will be able to make my dinner reservations (July 31st - Aug 7th trip) and I ran into something that I wanted to ask about.

I decided to log into the disney site and see what it would look like if I tried to book today (Knowing that I cant....but just mostly to see if the restuarant that I want had times 180 days out). So I click on LeCellier and go out 180 days but it says that I can only go out to July 7th.

If I were booking today shouldnt I be able to go out 180 days plus 10? So when I book on Feb 1st I would be able to book for July 31st through August 7th? Do I understand that correctly? If so....I was expecting to see past the 7th of July in this situation

How do I make reservations further out then 180 days?

Seasonscraps
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
You need a Disney room confirmation number for a stay that begins 180 days from now to book the extra 10 days. So just checking it out now, the +10 won't be available but when it's time to make your ADR I am sure there is some place to enter your confirmation number so you can book your ADRs for the first 10 days of your trip.

Ricbr
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
It doesnt appear that you can place that information in anywhere when you are just inquiring about times and dates (This is the first page for me). Once I find a time and date I like I can add it to my cart and it requires more information after that to hold it.

But nothing in the system seems to let me place my confirmation number in first. Is this somewhere else?

TheDuckRocks
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
You do have to login or register I believe to be able to bring up your accommodation reservation so you can do the plus 10 feature. And if you don't have a reservation number that allows you to do the plus 10 you will not be able to get to those dates.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-08-2010, 10:42 PM
You will not see the plus 10 date availability on your calendar until the plus 10 days are within 180 days of your actual check-in date. You can only experiment by selecting up to 180 days out UNTIL you actually reach your 180 day mark, at which point, 180+10 will be visible for you to check availability (as long as you "associate" your resort reservation with your dining reservations.)

You do not have to register or login to the WDW website to take advantage of the plus 10 benefit, but you do have to "associate" your resort reservation with your dining reservations to get the plus 10 benefit. There is no reason to do this prior to your 180 day mark, because the website will not remember your resort confirmation number (even if you do it while logged it) so you will have to re-enter the resort confirmation number on day 180 no matter what.

To "associate" your resort confirmation with your dining reservations (and thus access your plus 10 benefit) you have to click on the "Retrieve your reservation" link at the top of the page under the "Resort Guests and Dining Plan" heading on the webpage that has the date/time/dining party drop down menus for checking ADR availability for any particular restaurant.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Just to elaborate on how to "associate" your resort reservation with your dining reservation, this is what the website will have at the top of the page where you can add the resort confirmation number:

Update Your Profile
Are you an Annual Passholder and/or Florida Resident? If so, please update your profile so we can tailor your dining search.

If you log in or register before you make your reservations, you can retrieve and view them later online.

Resort Guests & Dining Plan
If you have a Resort reservation or would like to associate your Disney Dining Plan to your dining reservations, please retrieve your resort reservation. (Please be advised that not all restaurants participate in the Disney Dining Plan. Please check your Dining Plan information for participating restaurants.) Retrieve your reservation.

Click on the "Retrieve your reservation" link at the bottom of this section, then enter your resort information.

Again, you can do this now just to get a feel for how it will work, but doing it now will not change anything you can see until you re-enter your resort confirmation number on the morning of February 1st.

Ricbr
01-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks...that is what I needed to know.