PDA

View Full Version : Expidition Everest Challenge

Disneyfun
01-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I was looking at the splash page and low and behold, the Expidition Everest Challenge is listed for June this year. I just recently found out about this event and have made a New Years Resolution to be able to participate but have not been able to find any information about when it would be held this year.

However....

When I clicked the link to go to the WWD site, there is no information about the event. To make matters worse, when I called WDW today, they knew nothing about it....

Anybody have any solid info or confirmation that the Challenge will be held in June?

#1donaldfan
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
What is the Expedition Everest Challenge? :confused: We are going in June and might want to participate.

Disneyfun
01-08-2010, 10:03 PM
It's a 5k run followed by an obstacle course followed by a scavenger hunt in AK! After the event, they have a special race party in AK!

I heard about it last year on a different site and thought that it sounded like a lot of fun! They had it in September last year and I'm having a hard time believing that they would have a race like that in June - death by heat exhaustion!

I've been trying to find any concrete info on the race, but haven't been able to do so - including calling WDW info! I have no idea if it is actually going to happen or not.

Patricia
01-09-2010, 09:35 AM
The Challenge will be held on June 12, 2010.

The new date was posted Sept. 25th on the Everest Challenge Bulletin Board on Disney.com

KylesMom
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I can only imagine they'd start the 5k run at around 4 am - in June, it can be uncomfortably warm before 8 am!

Honestly this is the first time I've heard of this event - it sounds pretty neat, though! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
01-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I wonder if it fills up fast? The marathon weekend always fills up so fast that I never get to sign up by the time I decide I can do it.

joelkfla
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Go to http://www.disneysports.com.

Pull down the Amateur Sports menu at the top, and select Endurance. You'll find a link to the info page.

It looks like the entire event takes place in the evening, not morning.