PDA

View Full Version : ESPN the Weekend 2010

Rekenna
01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi guys! Was wondering how many of you will be attending ESPN the Weekend this year?

Thanks for your participation! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I won't be there... In fact, I don't think I will be in WDW any time this year...

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I can't believe you guys are not repsonding to my awesome poll! :)

Come one guys! Work with me here! This is my first poll and all.....:mickey:

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I won't be there... In fact, I don't think I will be in WDW any time this year...

I am so, so sorry-how will you cope? :mickey:

We weren't supposed to go at all this year, but that lasted about 8 days into the new year-oh well, resolutions are made to be broken.

Here's hoping you win the lottery, can stay at your resort of choice, and party down!:marg:

Gator
01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I would love to experience this. Getting to see great athletes while visiting WDW has got to be a lot of fun.

q105birdman
01-09-2010, 06:22 PM
It's great to see the athletes but it would be better if it was set up like Star Wars Weekends. Autographs are very tough to come by at ESPN the weekend. I wish WDW would use the fastpass system for autographs at ESPN the weekend. Brett Favre was at Hollywood Studios last year and I would have loved his autograph. Unfortunatelly there was NO chance. Any thoughts?

Darbylew
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
We will not be there that weekend but we are
going to be there in May. Can't wait to get back
in the land of MICKEY and the MAGIC! :mickey:

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Autographs are very tough to come by at ESPN the weekend.

We agree, one of the saddest things I have ever seen at WDW is a little boy waiting for a very long time for a autograph and the player just passed him by. Poor little guy, he cried and got back in his stroller, he had a football, helmet, jersey and autograph book-I could have decked that athlete. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

I've never gotten to go to Star Wars Weekend so I'm not sure how it is set-up. It would be nice if ESPN the Weekend was organized better from an athlete perspective-I guess they can't though, I would think athletes schedules probaby are little hectic and subject to change at the last minute.

I'm not even a sports fan to tell the truth, DH is-but this is one event that he doesn't roll his eyes at when I bring it up. It is pretty exciting seeing famous athletes in person. The crowd is very excited under Mickey's Hat. Plus this time of year is great-cool in the mornings, warm in the afternoon and the crowds are good.

Can't wait!:mickey:

q105birdman
01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
At Star Wars Weekends, basically you arrive at the park a few hours early, line up outside of the gate in the celebrity's autograph line, and cast members hand out 'fast passes' for the autograph sessions. If you really want a celebrity autograph, put in the time, and you'll get it. At ESPN the Weekend, there is no system like that. To get an autograph is nearly impossible. The only one I was able to get last year was tennis legend Mary Jo Fernandez. A favorite announcer of mine, but I would have liked more autographs!

PrincessASquared
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I have done ESPN The Weekend the last two years and will be there this year as well. It is a great time for the sports enthusiast. There is alot of things going on in different places throughout the World (ie. DHS, Wide World of Sports, ESPN Club on the Boardwalk.) Make sure you get your hands on a schedule ahead of time to do some planning. Although it is early in the morning, going to the live broadcast of The Mike and Mike show is alot of fun. You may need advanced reservations for this (not sure). Seeing the athletes and the live shows around DHS is quite a thrill. As others have said, don't plan on getting too many autographs. Have fun!!