PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix, AZ

DisneyCrazed580
01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Our family is going to Phoenix during MLB Spring Training. Anyone have a recommendation on a great resort in the area. DD is 13 and DS is 10.
Thanks for any input!!

AZ Disney
01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Are you going to watch a specific team? There are quite a few Spring Training stadiums all over the valley. Without know where you'll be attending games the following resorts come to mind:

*Hyatt Gainey Ranch - Scottsdale
*Four Seasons - Scottsdale
*Westin - Scottsdale
*Fairmont Princess - Scottsdale

There are plenty more, but you'll find Spring Training Season is PEAK here in Phoenix, so depending on your budget the above four may be pretty expensive in March. In July/Aug you can get a great deal.

NotaGeek
01-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Our family is going to Phoenix during MLB Spring Training. Anyone have a recommendation on a great resort in the area. DD is 13 and DS is 10.
Thanks for any input!!
Hey there, I am in Phoenix and worked in the travel industry for a LONG time here ... if you wanna PM me with your budget I can give you some suggestions for great places ... if you want a very family friendly resort check out the Hilton Resorts Point at Tapatio Cliffs or Squaw Peak (http://www.pointehilton.com/). Both have huge rooms and water parks and are very nice places and a bit less spendy than lots of resorts here during high season.

AZ Disney
01-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I was going to mention the Pointe's too - we go a lot during the summer for $69 per night and the kids enjoy it. But, this summer we also went to the Hyatt ,Westin, and J.W. Marriott and whoa what a HUGE difference. From the beds to the Pools With that said, Tapatio Cliffs is very centrally located and you could get a really reasonable deal. Good Luck.

DisneyCrazed580
01-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the input. We are mainly going to see the Rangers in Surprise since we are from Dallas. We're all big baseball fans and hope to catch a game or two at one of the other stadiums. 2nd choice would be the Padres, but we're also interested in the Reds, Indians and Dodgers. We currently have a room booked at the Wigwam resort, but I started reading some reviews that weren't very positive and thought we should check into some other options.

Cinderelley
01-09-2010, 04:08 AM
What did you have in mind? Were you looking for an all-out resort or just a place to crash?

AZ Disney
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM
okay, so you`re going 2 games on the West side which is not what i would consider the vacation resort area. Surprise stadium will be a good 40 miles from the Scottsdale resorts. Padres will be easier since its all freeway. Wigwam has been having financial trouble...ive never been so i cant comment on that one.

fupresti
01-13-2010, 12:14 AM
There is a Holiday Inn Express right outside Surprise Stadium. It is practically brand new.

If you want something nicer, I would suggest The Renaissance at Westgate. Its about 10 miles from Surprise Stadium and you have access to movies, shopping, and restaurants.