PDA

View Full Version : Cars

barbnagle
01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Can anyone tell me which park has CARS rides or themes?

thesplashmountaineer
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I know there is a Meet and Greet in Hollywood studios near Pixar Place and the Backlot tour's entrance.
I don't think there is anything else....
Carsland ride will open in California in 2012. Nothing planned yet for WDW...

phillydan
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Pixar Place at Hollywood Studios is it for CARS. There are no rides, only the meet and greet.

Gator
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
You would think as wildly popular as Cars is with boys, WDW would have at least one attraction (if not many) with Lightening and Mater.

Joannelet
01-07-2010, 03:52 PM
My husband and I were talking about this when we were there. They can easily change the Grand prixway cars into lightning mcqueens and Doc Hudsons etc. I think that would be cute.
Maybe we will get something more with CARS at the Studios eventually!! THat would be fun! I love that movie!!!

joanna71985
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I know there is a Meet and Greet in Hollywood studios near Pixar Place and the Backlot tour's entrance.
I don't think there is anything else....
Carsland ride will open in California in 2012. Nothing planned yet for WDW...

Lightning McQueen and Mater now meet across from MuppetVision 3D (where Buzz and Woody used to be). It's called Luigi's Garage.

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
The only place we have seen any reference to Cars is at DHS-there is a meet and greet there. We agree that with as many boys who love Cars (girls too) they would have more on it. I guess they are too busy putting in another princess attracation/dining experience or adding a Fairy Land. (Sorry, as the proud mom of 3 boys this drives me crazy!)

Yes, they should change the Speedway in Tomorrowland to Cars-that would make so much sense!

Have fun!:mickey:

finaldynasty
03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree with all there should be an attraction for Cars or at least a show like Mickey's Philharmagic. The movie was more popular then Tink and needs to get some love!! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
DL is supposed to be getting a Cars land and hoepfully that will come to DHS as well, or remake the Indy Speedway at Tomorrowland

MegaDisney
03-22-2010, 04:34 PM
DL is supposed to be getting a Cars land and hoepfully that will come to DHS as well, or remake the Indy Speedway at Tomorrowland

Disney's California Adventure IS getting Carsland. Construction is well underway. The E-Ticket "Radiator Springs Racers" will use Test Track ride system with dual tracks for a side by side race. Opens 2012.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-23-2010, 08:58 PM
McQueen and Mater are also in the Pixar Parade at DHS. It is so much fun actually seeing them driving! :mickey:

azcavalier
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM

I don't think that they would retheme the Tomorrowland Slowway to a Cars theme, simple because that's the wrong location for it. It's Tomorrowland. It's *supposed* to be "retro-futuristic". Cars just isn't that. If they could move it to DHS and retheme it, then it would be great. I just don't think it's going to happen.

I would love to see a version of the Cars race ride at WDW, though. Is there any space at DHS to expand the park for new rides?

joanna71985
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
McQueen and Mater are also in the Pixar Parade at DHS. It is so much fun actually seeing them driving! :mickey:

The cars are not in Block Party Bash. The only place to meet Lightning and Mater is at Luigi's Garage.

PopPhan
03-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I would love to see a version of the Cars race ride at WDW, though. Is there any space at DHS to expand the park for new rides?

Yeah, just get rid of LMA!!! Plenty of room there!

JMHO!! :thedolls:

Imagineer1981
03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't think that they would retheme the Tomorrowland Slowway to a Cars theme, simple because that's the wrong location for it. It's Tomorrowland. It's *supposed* to be "retro-futuristic". Cars just isn't that. If they could move it to DHS and retheme it, then it would be great. I just don't think it's going to happen.

See my thoughts is, the Indy Speedway is actually inbetween Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, its a transition, and actually is why the CM's costumes are more colorful, to help with the transition. Because of that idea, I think Cars would fit well.

joonyer
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think that they would retheme the Tomorrowland Slowway to a Cars theme, simple because that's the wrong location for it. It's Tomorrowland. It's *supposed* to be "retro-futuristic". . . .

Yes, true, but there's nothing about the Speedway that is "retro" or "futuristic" either. It's just a lame go-kart ride that is more outdated than anything else at MY and has no Disney theme whatsoever. Cars has as much of a "retro" theme as the Speedway does, if not more. Updating the ride to make it a cruise through Radiator Springs (with day & night sections) would be a vast improvement.

Darbylew
03-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Welcome to Intercot!:welcome::rocks: You will
love it here. The only place I know for cars is at
DS meet and greet. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY! :D