PDA

View Full Version : The Pin fairy story

mudpuppysmom
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I thought I'd share this feel good story with you......my relatives are regulars at the parks and trade pins ALLLLLLLLL the time, sometimes their trip over is JUST to walk around and look for new pins to trade.

I received this email last week:

So, we were walking thru Hollywood Studios past Ariel's show and Toy Story Mania ride approaching the Coke Bottle and I see 2 little boys about 5-6 years old with their parents standing near by. The two boys are examining the pin lanyard of one of the cast members who happened to be passing by so he got down on one knee to give the boys a better look. As I approach near to them I hear the cast member say, "well you need to have a pin to trade" then one of the boys looks at the other one and says "Oh I wish we had a pin !! At this time I am about even with them and happened to have 2 pins in my hand so I leaned in between the mom and dad and said "You know at Disney magical things when you say please !" In unison both the boys look up and say PLEASE so I held out my hand with the two pins, you would have thought they both just won the Christmas present jackpot ! They started squealing and doing the pee-pee dance, each took a pin and I told them to trade for what ever they wanted. I hardly even stopped walking, but as I started back to Paula and the girls I hear the mother say "that was just the pin fairy" so I turned and wished them all a Merry Christmas and just kept walking as the boys were REALLY looking hard at the cast members pins.

Just thought I'd share with all of you guys

emfleck
01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Great story!

disneymom15
01-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree, great story.

divinedi
01-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Good story and soooo nice of your relatives!!!

brad192
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Great story! These types of stories are ones I've been collecting & putting into a fairly long document for a few years now. There are funny, poigniant, and amazing stories in that document. When someone really has a genuine interest as to why I am the way I am about Disney, I print off a copy & let them read it, warning them to have a few tissues ready - 'cause they'll need them.

When I see them again, they invariably tell me "OK, now I understand. I think maybe I need to go.":thumbsup::mickey:

Ian
01-11-2010, 01:56 PM
That is a great story!

Kind of a funny and somewhat related story ... back 7 or 8 years ago when I was heavy duty into pin trading I used to do this all the time for little kids. In fact, I had a specific lot of pins I used to bring with me on trips to use just for that very purpose.

So one day we're in watching Scoop Sanderson do his pin spiel and this little boy is there watching with his Mom and he wants to trade for one of Scoops' pins. I overhear and without thinking pull one out of my bag and give it to him. The Mom and boy are appreciative and I move on with life.

Well back then Scoop used to award these Keeping the Tradition pins to people that he would observe doing something to encourage pin trading or keep the spirit of what pin trading is supposed to be about alive.

Well he must have thought I gave the kid a pin in front of him trying to win a Keeping the Tradition pin, because at the end of his session when he was getting ready to hand out some KTT pins he talks briefly about why he gives them out and goes, "And some people think you can just get them for giving a pin to a little kid, but that's not what it's about at all."

I was like :blush: