PDA

View Full Version : New PIN code received today - through entire year

Gregandmel
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Well we already have a trip planned end of April 2010 and were able to secure 35% off our moderate accomodation. I just received another PIN code in my in-box today and it's for the same discount (30% off value, 35% off mods, 40% off deluxe) but the difference is that it had dates all the way through until Christmas 2010. There were some minor blackout dates (such as the normal ones - Easter week, July 4th weekend, Thanksgiving & Christmas) but I was under the impression that Disney was going to slow-down the discounts the 2nd half of this year. I know it's a PIN code and not a public offering, but seems to me the pattern has been to offer PIN's, then the same discount becomes available to the public down the road. Wonder if they are trying to get a feel for what sort of visitors they are going to get. Just an FYI - check those in-boxes if you have a later trip planned!

Madame Leona
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
You had my hopes up that I would have a pin code in my husbands e-mail but I didn't :crying:. I really like the idea of knowing the discounts early so I can budget appropriately. I'm hoping we get a pin code or they have an offer out soon so we can lock into some dates.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Where do these "pin" codes come from?

Gregandmel
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Where do these "pin" codes come from?

If you sign up on the Disney World website to receive info, or even request a vacation planning DVD, sometimes that will indicate to Disney you are interested in a trip and they might dangle a carrot in hopes you will visit. They are very random and no one know exactly why someone will receive a PIN code, but you can "up" your chances by getting into their system. Good luck.....

#1donaldfan
01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
..yes !!!! There's still hope....!!!!:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
:magic: Wish I may, wish I might... :magic: Who am I kidding, I am NEVER going to get a PIN code... ;)

Genie1953
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
:magic: Wish I may, wish I might... :magic: Who am I kidding, I am NEVER going to get a PIN code... ;)

Me neither!!! I keep waiting and waiting but one NEVER comes through. :confused: Sigh....

mom2morgan
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
congrats! Hope I get one :magic:

Dsnygirl
01-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Me neither!!! I keep waiting and waiting but one NEVER comes through. :confused: Sigh....

I think it's a curse... maybe we made Madame Leota mad last time through HM?? ;)

DisneyPrincess21
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Don't give up hope, i never thought that i would get a pin code either and i got one in december-offer good from jan-june 30% off values, 35%off mod's, 40%off deluxe.
Then i got another one 2 days ago-offer good from jan-december 16th for 20% off value, 30%off mod, 40% off deluxe, i know i got that one because i was pricing a trip for june, then a few days later i got an email from disney with a special offer for my upcoming trip, it even had the dates listed, how many people, and what resort i was thinking about. Dont know why i got the first one, but i am happy i did.
So you never know when you may get one.

BigRedDad
01-07-2010, 12:31 AM
I rebooked my vacation directly with WDW. I was booking an AP rate. When I got through to them, they had a pin code offer for me and my wife (separate ones). They checked the best price between the two pin codes and the AP rates to determine what would be best.