PDA

View Full Version : Overpriced Claptrap....

QTPie68
01-06-2010, 01:23 AM
First of all, I want to state that I LOVE dogs and have NOTHING against Juicy Couture ;).

BUT......

I was browsing on the internet and saw at a department store site a Juicy Couture pink dog carrier. Pink veloure material, not even leather, at the sum of over $300.

First of all, who pays that much for a dog carrier, and if you really do, would you be worried if there was any "accidents" :huh:

So, this got me thinking, what else have you seen that just makes you wonder....who would buy this :confused: :spend:

Disney4us2
01-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Not me!! I don't go for all that expensive like you said claptrap. Love that .

I do spoil my four legged snouter (aka Ginger the dachshund). For Christmas she got 4 fabric toys with the squeekers in them. The first one was gone in 5 minutes..the fluff all over, the rest followed shortly. I only get those at Christmas. She also got rawhide chew chips. She is spoiled in the sense that she sleeps with me ( under her own blanket) and loves to lay in the recliner.:secret:

BigRedDad
01-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Well, a lot of the people that do buy that stuff typically inherited it or get it from their family fame. The people that buy it have millions of dollars that work for them that make more money than most of us will in a life time.

Think about it. Paris Hilton gets paid $10,000 per minute to show up at a club for 15 minutes. Without the name Hilton, would anyone even know who she is?

DVC2004
01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
People who have alot of disposable income and are into fashion and labels. BTW Louis Vuitton also sells a dog bag that starts at $1900. It's not leather either.

diz_girl
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Who buys it? People whose see dogs as accessories and not companions.

starryeyes21
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I laugh when I see that stuff because I have a big, silly, clunky beagle. He would make short work of anything pink and fluffy. I guess those things are for people who carry those dainty dogs and use them as fashion accessories.

Georgesgirl1
01-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Coach sells diaper bags for between $450 and $700. When I think of what my diaper bag goes through (spit up on, thrown up on, milk spilt on, sat on bathroom floors, etc), I have to wonder who in their right mind would pay that much for a diaper bag!!! My $35 diaper bag does fine. If I had know the hopsital would give me one for free, I wouldn't have paid for one at all!

Kenny1113
01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Actually know someone with the juicy dog bag. And yes as pp mentioned it is inherited money.

DizNee143
01-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Coach sells diaper bags for between $450 and $700. When I think of what my diaper bag goes through (spit up on, thrown up on, milk spilt on, sat on bathroom floors, etc), I have to wonder who in their right mind would pay that much for a diaper bag!!! My $35 diaper bag does fine. If I had know the hopsital would give me one for free, I wouldn't have paid for one at all!

i have one of these diaper bags you speak of..i love coach..i either save up and treat myself every now and then with something i really like..or i ask for it as a christmas present..
plus most of the time i buy my stuff through the outlets..yes my diaper bag was prices at $398..but i only spent 120 on it..with tax! :D

some people just like the more expensive things in life..and some people will work hard for what the want..no matter how silly that item may seem to another person..

MNNHFLTX
01-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I shake my head when I see those types of high-priced pooch items. But you know, they wouldn't be out there unless there were people willing to pay for them. There are some people who have look at their pets as extensions of themselves and have money to burn, I guess. My mother-in-law has a miniature poodle and indulges in little outfits, beds and carriers for her, although she would never pay that much for any of them. As for me, I would rather take the money I save on those type of items and apply toward their health care down the road. Vet bills can add up if they get sick.

Georgesgirl1
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Brittany- I didn't mean to step on your toes! I too like Coach, and I have a Coach purse that was given to me as a present by my hubby. I just think about what my diaper bag goes through on a daily basis and would never spend that much money on something that is going to get that much of a beating. Just last week an entire sippy cup of milk spilt inside of Myers' diaper bag. I just threw the bag in the wash and it was no worse for the wear. If I had spent several hundred dollars on the diaper
bag, I would have been quite upset with myself especially since it doesn't seem like the Coach diaper bags I have seen are very washable.

To each his own though and I am glad you found a good deal on it!

DizNee143
01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Brittany- I didn't mean to step on your toes! I too like Coach, and I have a Coach purse that was given to me as a present by my hubby. I just think about what my diaper bag goes through on a daily basis and would never spend that much money on something that is going to get that much of a beating. Just last week an entire sippy cup of milk spilt inside of Myers' diaper bag. I just threw the bag in the wash and it was no worse for the wear. If I had spent several hundred dollars on the diaper
bag, I would have been quite upset with myself especially since it doesn't seem like the Coach diaper bags I have seen are very washable.

To each his own though and I am glad you found a good deal on it!

its ok..and i hope i didnt sound too mean in the way i wrote what i did..because i surely didnt mean to be..

i absolutely love coach..its the only name brand i REALLY like for anything..so im always saving up or asking for one for a gift giving holiday..and once i realized i was pregnant..i knew i wouldnt be carrying a bag of my own anymore..so i went with a coach diaper bag..believe me i have gotten a lot of 'you know what' from many family members about buying it also..but like you said to each his own..i love my bag! lol

QTPie68
01-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Well....I MUST have someone watching over what I post :blush: because today, into our store came this lady with a very expensive little doggie carrier with her cute little doggie (poor thing looked soooo scared, it was shaking :(). I asked her (very politely, but kinda tongue-in-cheek) if she had seen the $100 crystal dog collars on-line....she said she would have to go home and check it out. Of course, my co-workers were wondering just why I was so into expensive dog accessories :whistle:.

NotaGeek
01-09-2010, 02:02 AM
I suppose its always about what you can individually afford and what you want to spend your money on -- I don't think its fair to judge people that spend those crazy amounts on what we might think is frivolous -- if you have a huge disposable income, then go for it. All of my friends think I am crazy for having gone to Disney Land/World so many times, and even more crazy for spending money on an Annual Pass at Disneyland when I live out of state ... and to be honest, if I had a dog and the money I would buy a Louis Vuitton collar and leash in a FLASH. I have a huge flashy LV Messenger bag and it would be a great match!

DVC2004
01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I suppose its always about what you can individually afford and what you want to spend your money on -- I don't think its fair to judge people that spend those crazy amounts on what we might think is frivolous -- if you have a huge disposable income, then go for it. All of my friends think I am crazy for having gone to Disney Land/World so many times, and even more crazy for spending money on an Annual Pass at Disneyland when I live out of state ... and to be honest, if I had a dog and the money I would buy a Louis Vuitton collar and leash in a FLASH. I have a huge flashy LV Messenger bag and it would be a great match!

Well said. In my "previous life" I was a commissioned based and had a varied monthly income. I bought myself a reallty nice LV carry on duffel because I travel so much. It was quite a bit of money. It was something I'd wanted for years, and I rewarded myself with it. My husband even said to buy it because he knew how long I had wanted it. I use it alot and will continue to use it- I love it and when I look at it it reminds me of what I had accomplished professionally and personally.

Re: the dog bag. I have cats so I personally wouldn't get one but if someone else wants it and it makes them happy, more power to them!