PDA

View Full Version : One day...what to do!

KatrinaJ91
01-05-2010, 10:31 PM
My DH and I are doing the volunteer thing to get a 1-day tkt. We will be in Florida this summer but was not planning on going to WDW. Now we will have one day....actually not even a whole day as we will be traveling that morning and will not get to Orlando until about noon. SO, my question....what do we do? We have thought about EPCOT and just doing a relaxing country tour and dinner OR a day in MK taking in all the classic Disney OR a day at the Studios for Star Wars weekends...it is a Friday in June when the weekends are happening. This is such a huge decision....we both LOVE all 3 ideas!! We like AK, but have decided not to make it an option. What would you do?? How do we make the most of our day?

KylesMom
01-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I think I would first review which park had morning EMH - and EMH evening hours, if any - and cross out those parks, since by the time you get there the park will be pretty crowded and shortly after you arrive the park will start to fill up. What's left? Is it during GDW where one park will be the target of the masses? I would work on the process of elimination since you have such a shortened day. Whatever you decide, enjoy! :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
01-06-2010, 02:21 AM
What would you do?? How do we make the most of our day?

I personally would do a park hopper day and hit all of my favorites, then either closing out the day at the park that is open the latest or closing out at mk with wishes. If i couldn't do a park hop (i shutter at the idea of not getting to do all my favorites) i would then have to pick MK, since a trip to WDW IMHO isnt a trip to Disney unless you go to the Magic Kingdom.

Whatever you decide,

:tink:
I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation! :wave:

KatrinaJ91
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I would love to park hop, but we are using the tkts you get free for volunteering. I am pretty sure those are just single park tkts. I wonder if we could upgrade them to a park hopper though???

BigThunderFan
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I believe they can be upgraded, but not 100% on that.

I agree with the PP, it is not a trip to WDW without a trip to MK. But that is just me being sentimental and all...

yourmagicalguide
01-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree - a park hopper ticket would be best since you only have one day. You could start in MK, then take the monorail to EPCOT for the evening, and possibly even take a boat over to DHS if you have time.

If upgrading to a hopper isn't possible (or too pricey), I would be torn between MK and EPCOT...but I would probably choose EPCOT in the end for the relaxing tour of the countries and the wonderful food!

If you don't feel like a trip to WDW would be complete without seeing Cinderella's Castle, I would suggest parking at MK but then taking the monorail to EPCOT. This way, you'll have a relaxing ride at the beginning and end of your day at WDW, and you'll get to see part of Cinderella's Castle and Tomorrowland. Plus, taking the monorail kind of feels like getting a free partial tour of the WDW Resort. If you have extra time, you could always hop on the MK Resorts monorail as well to extend your tour. Just a thought ;)

Gator
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I if I had only one day, I'd go to Disneyland. It's like the MK, HS, and Epcot combined into one park. Of course, I'm a six hour drive from there, so it's easier for me. Still, Ohio ain't exactly close to either.

dismeag
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I agree you should get a park hoper and befor you go plan out your day you can get free maps on disneys website that way you can pick and choose what you want to do. but if you cant get a park hoper i say go to epcot it would be less people and you can do more:mickey:

CaptSmee
01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
If you've never been to Star Wars weekends, why not give it a shot? With it being summer the parks will all be open longer and you could still enjoy the park even arriving in the early afternoon.

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
OMGosh-I agree with all these things!

Start by eliminating things out, EMH, special events, etc. I would be torn between MK and EP-if it is just the 2 of you, and you are flying that day-I would go with the relaxation option of cruising EP and eating/drinking/walking your way around the world. I also am of the opinion that MK is the pinnacle of any WDW trip-but EP is much more relaxing.

The idea of parking at the TTC and catching the monorail to EP sounds nice, you could check out MK and then hop back over and go to EP.

Have fun!:mickey:

slegrant
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
If I only had one day, I would choose the Magic Kingdom, I would start off in the park, take a short break hop on a monorail and visit the Contemporary, & Polynesian have dinner at Knoa Cafe then head back to the Magic Kingdom. You could get all the classics done and finish the night with Spectromagic and Wishes:mickey: Going to the resorts is such a nice break from the crowds. Anyway you choose have a great time.

andreallybadeggs
01-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Early June might not be too bad crowd-wise but as more schools let out it could get crazier. If I knew I would not be able to return for a very long time it would be MK but otherwise I'd avoid MK that day since it looks like it's evening EMH.
And if you can not get there till noon you may need a stick to stir the people as Grandma used to say. My choice would be EPCOT.

mainemajor
02-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm going to be in Orlando mid March for a conference. We have the better part of a day free and I'm going to hit the Magic Kingdom. Without the rest of the family, I think this is the one park that I can have the most fun in with a limited time and it's is open until 11 that night so after the conference diner I can go back and enjoy more.
I volunteered with the Red Cross and had so much fun I am going to volunteer on a regular basis for them.

Lakin
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I say spend the whole day at MK or EPCOT. Whichever one you like more. If you're more classic Disney, go MK, and if you're wanting more adventure into your trip, go EPCOT.

Personally, I would go EPCOT, but that's just me!!

forever a child
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I would love to park hop, but we are using the tkts you get free for volunteering. I am pretty sure those are just single park tkts. I wonder if we could upgrade them to a park hopper though???

I believe they can be upgraded, but not 100% on that.

I agree with the PP, it is not a trip to WDW without a trip to MK. But that is just me being sentimental and all...

I was just told by cs that you CAN upgrade! I want to upgrade ours to a 6 day park hopper. I was told that I would have to pay the price of the upgraded ticket minus the base price of the ticket ($79). I always worry that I will get to the counter and no one at the ticket counter will have heard of this. Anyone else told this or tried to do it as of yet???:blush:

#1donaldfan
02-09-2010, 08:34 AM
...early June is very busy, school or not...been there done that !!!

... I'd pick one park and make the best of it, why waste the time traveling between ??

....we are alway hopping, but we have multiple days....

....I'd say stay away from DHS, it will be insane there....you'll get very little done...

....MK....that would be my pick...one day, one park, and why not have it be the one that started it all in Florida ??? !!!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Fridays in June are DHS for morning EMH and MK for evening EMH, according to current schedule. I would choose AK or Epcot. Since your instinct was Epcot, I would stick to that. You will lose a lot of time in hopping and you're not getting started until noon in the first place.

I would enjoy some Future World attractions, then head over to graze around World Showcase. You could have a nice dinner, but I would probably make it an around the world sampling of snacks and split Quick Service meals and drinks. Plus shopping and attractions. How fun! Of course, since MK will be open late, if you're up for making it a late night, you will have more time to spend at MK, making it a great option too.

MaxPower
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Starting at noon in June at any park is not going to let you see much.