PDA

View Full Version : 6, 4 and 1 year old

IMAC
01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Need suggestions on planning a 4 1/2 day trip in early March. Staying at BLT. What should we not miss, may do and totally skip? Thanks!

BigThunderFan
01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
It all depends on how tall the 6 & 4yo are. If they are both over 40" then it opens up a ton of possibilities. There are only a few thrillers in the parks that require a height above 44"+ and you probably wouldn't want to take them on those anyway yet.

You will have to do a parent swap with the 1yo on some rides, but most of the rides you can all ride together, especially at MK.

As for shows, you can't miss SpectroMagic or Fantasmic! as well as the Wishes fireworks. Kids love those.

I would not do Disney Quest with kids that young, definitely a waste of money until they are older. The big thing is research rides and other attractions and just see for yourself what will work best for your family.

No matter what you will have a great trip, just plan ahead and take your time while you are there! :thumbsup:

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
The great thing about WDW is that it is made for all ages of people of mind. Most everything is geared towards families with small children.

MK
Tomorrowland-Buzz, Laugh Floor, Speedway, COP (maybe), TTA

Toon Town-Everything (Barnstormer-can't take baby)

Fantasyland-Everything

Liberty Square-HM (if they are up for it-my kids love it at any age), HOP may be a little too much for them

Frontierland-Country Bears, Tom Sawyer Island

Adventureland-Everything, except POTC if they are iffy about the dark.

The baby can go on almost everyhting at MK-ours did-as long as the ride is not jerky (like BTMM) most rides are sit and watch rides.

One place they liked is the Playground at DHS (Honey I Shrunk the Audience), all the shows at DHS like Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, Beauty and Beast.

Epcot-LWTL, Nemo, UofE (there are Dinosaurs-sometimes loud and dark), SE-dark only

AK-Bug, Lion King Show, Finding Nemo Show, Dinoland

Parades-fireworks (except Fantastmic may be a little intense-my kids would be okay with it).

DTD is fun-but, they will get tired of shopping after a while. The resorts also have awesome pools (if warm enough to swim) and playgrounds.

For the most part the only limit for little peeps is there own scare factor-most things you can go on as a family, with baby in lap-darkness is the only scary factor for many attractions.

Have fun!:mickey: