PDA

View Full Version : Safari

IMAC
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
What tends to be the best day of the week/time of day to go on the safari? Thanks!

KatrinaJ91
01-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Go first thing in the morning as the animals seem to be a little more alert and moving around more....especially in the summer when it gets hot in the afternoon!

fanofdisney
01-06-2010, 10:40 AM
How about at this time of year? I have only been on the Safari in the morning but I wonder if the animals are active later in the day in the cooler months?

BigThunderFan
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I would say it depends on how warm it is. Say today for instance where it is 45* at WDW, the animals will be conserving as much body heat as possible. Lots of them won't even be out of their shelters due to lack of the ability to handle the cold. This has probably been a bad week for AK in general...

But on a normal day in Jan/Feb where the temps get up to 65* or so in the afternoon, I would think you would have a better opportunity to see the animals then rather than the morning. Of course I'm an accountant not a zookeeper, so take that for what it's worth... :)

#1donaldfan
01-06-2010, 01:09 PM
This past June we did it VERY 1st thing and the animals were ULTRA active.....the Rhino's were in the road about to fight, we had to stop for almost 5 minutes...the CM called on a seperate radio, not the "stage" one to alert "someone" that they were "getting into it", not sure what the response was, but they did move on and we continued...then, same trip, the lions were both pacing, very awake, very ready to "do something"......there was just something in the air that morning and most all the animals were up and moving A LOT.....:mickey:

Gator
01-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I have found that when it rains, the big animals really come out. Even the baboons, or those colorful monkeys that are always hiding.

Captain_Nemo
01-09-2010, 08:40 PM
if they don't come out during when its cold, guess I wont be seeing many this week :(

Touchdown
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Because they are most active early in the morning, the best day of the week to see them (when its not cold) is the day that the AK has morning EMH. Just grab your FP for EE and head right to the safari.

WVParkfan
01-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Every trip on the Kilimanjaro Safari is different. We love it so much, that we always go twice on the same day.

Absolutely go as early as possible when you get to the park. Then, consider going again later in the day. It really is a different experience each time.

The AK is our favorite park, and is always our first park. Since we start most of our visits to WDW on Sundays, then I would say that a Sunday morning is the best time to visit the AK and ride the Safari. It's always been magical for us.

Stickey
01-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Each safari trip is likely to be different. Start with an early morning trip, then return again at different times throughout the day. If you miss your favorite animal on a trip, you may have success on a later safari. Weather can also be a factor. The animals seem to be active when it is raining.
:elephant:

PrettyMinnie
01-14-2010, 03:24 PM
We went during the time of year when it was HOT during the day but still cool in the mornings. The animals were VERY active at 9AM! We saw all the major animals, even the ones they said were "not very active."

iWDW
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
We always try to do that first. The animals are more active in the morning, it is also cooler, and you can beat the crowds by going early. :thumbsup: Have a fun trip!

Ms. Mode
01-15-2010, 09:26 AM
We were in AK last week when the AM temp was 32, the safari was the best it has ever been. Very few people were in line and we walked right on, the drivers took their time because ALL of the animals were out, the driver said they love the cooler temps. :thumbsup:

CzepielCrew
01-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Definitely 1st thing in the morning. We had a great safari at that time. All the animals were out before the sun got too hot.

Darbylew
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
We love the safari ride. The bumps in the road
make it so much fun. I agree the early morning
is a good time to see the animals. We have
been there late afternoon and we see a lot of
animals out when we do the two walks. If you
have never done the Maharajah Jungle Trek or
the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail try to do
it on your next trip. It is great. :thumbsup: