PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi Drive Inn

mama2angels
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
This was the only ADR I could not get at the time I wanted ....I was pretty surprised that it was already booked for May....Most of the reviews I read were so so but the menu seemed pretty good when I looked at it and I must say I love the theme.....:cool:

faline
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
This place gets mixed reviews but still books quickly. Now that folks can book 6 months in advance, it's not surprising that it books up quickly.

HoosierDisneyFan
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Same thing happened to me for my upcoming Spring Break trip. I was a three days inside the 180 day mark and the only reservation I could not make was Sci Fi Drive Inn on the day I wanted. I could have switched days or had dinner at close to park closing time. I since the rest of my schedule worked out I elected just to skip Sci Fi Drive Inn this year.

KatrinaJ91
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
We really enjoyed SciFi when we went....food was good and you can't beat the atmosphere!

Belster
01-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Actually...we LOVE the place!! We spend so much time eating at nicer restaurants while at WDW that we love to plan for Sci-Fi later in the week and have some good old American food...lol.

We love the theme and enjoy the meal!!

Genie1953
01-05-2010, 11:43 PM
I always read such mixed reviews on this restaurant. One of these days we will definitely have to try it.

KylesMom
01-05-2010, 11:43 PM
This was the only ADR I could not get at the time I wanted ....I was pretty surprised that it was already booked for May.... Are you going anywhere near the last two weekends of May? Remember that Star Wars Weekends will be taking place at that time, and most of us who want a really COLD place to cool off from the heat of the meet and greet lines in the vicinity choose this place during SWW. Since they recently announced the dates for SWW, anything later in the month will be booked. If you're going early in the month, keep trying. Many may cancel now that the actual dates for SWW have been announced . . . .:mickey:

I'd also like to add that had SWW not happened during our first weekend of arrival, we would not have scheduled that ADR as our first TS restaurant last year. However, knowing how crazy it can be to have a sit-down meal at DHS during this time, it was among the first reservations we tried to make during the 90-day window during our 15 day stay. Going back to the 180 days, I'm sure people were anticipating the historical SWW dates . . .

Tink#64
01-06-2010, 12:11 AM
We love the Sci Fi! It's always on my DS's (12 & 13) lists of must do's! It's so unique & we really like the sandwiches & the shakes! Always a fun meal! :thumbsup:

yourmagicalguide
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
DH and I ate at Sci-Fi Dine In for lunch on our last trip to WDW, and we were disappointed. The atmosphere is terrific - giving a realistic feeling of being at a drive-in movie theatre at twilight (we would know, because we have two drive-ins located within an hour of our home). However, we ordered Chicken Bruschetta “Main Features” (came with fries) and had apple crisp for dessert. The meal was okay...nothing bad but nothing spectacular either. We decided we wouldn't be heartbroken if we never ate there again in future trips.

Since the restaurant gets such mixed reviews, I say give it a try and see what your family thinks :mickey:

mama2angels
01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Are you going anywhere near the last two weekends of May? Remember that Star Wars Weekends will be taking place at that time, and most of us who want a really COLD place to cool off from the heat of the meet and greet lines in the vicinity choose this place during SWW. Since they recently announced the dates for SWW, anything later in the month will be booked. If you're going early in the month, keep trying. Many may cancel now that the actual dates for SWW have been announced . . . .:mickey:

I'd also like to add that had SWW not happened during our first weekend of arrival, we would not have scheduled that ADR as our first TS restaurant last year. However, knowing how crazy it can be to have a sit-down meal at DHS during this time, it was among the first reservations we tried to make during the 90-day window during our 15 day stay. Going back to the 180 days, I'm sure people were anticipating the historical SWW dates . . .

****Don't blast me (or remove me from the board :D) but I am sooo not a star wars fan....I did see the SWW dates the other day and I (I must admit tho I have never seen any SW movie) believe we are going right before it starts....

RAIDER
01-08-2010, 03:27 AM
The Sci Fi has a unique atmosphere and good fun . However the menu is very basic :thumbsup:
But its worth a go

luvdiznee
01-08-2010, 06:39 AM
This was the only ADR I could not get at the time I wanted ....I was pretty surprised that it was already booked for May....Most of the reviews I read were so so but the menu seemed pretty good when I looked at it and I must say I love the theme.....:cool:

I love theme as well, which is why we go back. The food is good. We love their chili, tomato soup and burgers. Good to experience for yourself. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
The atmosphere is awesome but the food is just okay and I would only eat there at lunch.

kemps@wdw
01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Burgers and fries (among other choices), in a car @ the drive-in watching cheesy b/w horror movies...what could be funner? I thought it was pretty cool, and the food was good too.:thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
01-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Does anyone know if their burgers at Sci-Fi are fresh or frozen burgers like at the resorts :ack:

DisneyFr33k
01-10-2010, 06:10 AM
However the menu is very basic :thumbsup:
But its worth a go

And, in our opinion, small servings and repetitive hokie movie clips. We ate there once, and haven't returned. The only good thing was that it was dark, cool and a good place to rest.

Stu29573
01-10-2010, 08:10 AM
We love this place and make sure to go every trip. However, I will say that we only eat lunch there. As for a limited menu, what do you expect from a drive in?:D

SuzieN
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
We LOVE the Sci-Fi!!!! The burgers are fantastic!!!

Kathy Jetson
01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know if they serve the veggie burgers there?

CaptSmee
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
We do lunch there every trip. It's the best themed restaurant, by far. It also doesn't seem to have too large of a capacity either making it harder to secure ADR's.