PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! Newbie with a question...BLT or BWV??

Disneychickie
01-05-2010, 08:21 PM
:D
So , we are DVC members.
We are going down to the world from May 7th -10th to celebrate my birthday,

as of right now, we are booked in a Studio at bay lake tower. It is our home resort, and this will be our first stay there.

Since then, my sister and BIL have decided that they would like to join us. They live in NC, we live in NY, and do not get to spend much time with them, so we are very excited. However, we will be very cramped in a studio at BLT with four adults. Long story short, we are currently waitlisted at BLT for a 1 BR.

Now, this morning, my FH called MS, and we would be able to get a 1BR at Boardwalk villas, which we really want to stay at anyways....should we go for it????? Decisions, decisions......

Thanks!

TinksDH
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
You will be more than cramped in a studio at BLT with 4 adults. Not that it can't be done, but it will be tight, particularly with the bathroom situation.

My wife and I stayed in a studio at BLT back in October, and it felt small to just the two of us. Unless you are dead-set that you must stay at BLT, I'd suggest going for the 1BR at BWV and stay wait-listed for a 1BR at BLT.

Here are a couple of shots of the BLT studio. I believe that the sofa bed is only a full.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2520/4028993453_f0ed2d8b87.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2756/4028992855_0261b54e09_b.jpg

Hammer
01-05-2010, 10:31 PM
If Boardwalk is your first choice, then you answered your own question. BLT is the newest DVC, but there have been reports that the studios seem a bit small and may be a bit cramped for 4 adults, as Mike stated above.

By the way, I moved this thread to the Disney Vacation Club forum where you will get more responses from DVC members.

Disneychickie
01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
If Boardwalk is your first choice, then you answered your own question. BLT is the newest DVC, but there have been reports that the studios seem a bit small and may be a bit cramped for 4 adults, as Mike stated above.

By the way, I moved this thread to the Disney Vacation Club forum where you will get more responses from DVC members.

Thank you hammer! ;)

MinnieMommie
01-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I am staying at a 1 bedroom at BLT right now. We stayed in a 1 bedroom at Boardwalk on the firts day of our vacation. I walked through a studio today at Boardwalk and it is spacious and really very nice.

The four of you may be comfortable in the studio at Boardwalk. The studio at BLT may seem a bit cramped for 4 adults. The 1 bedroom at Boardwalk has 1 bathroom but the 1 bedroom at BLT has 2(which is an advantage with 2 couples).

You like Boardwalk so you will be happy there. If you want BLT I recommend you secure the 1 bedroom (or consider a studio if points are an issue) at Boardwalk and waitlist for a 1 bedroom at BLT. BLT is amazing! :mickey: