PDA

View Full Version : Discounts on room rates

eeyore27
01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
We are new to DVC, just bought at AKV in December. Does anyone know if I need to book a studio room for a few nights cash, is there anykind of discount I would get.
We will be taking a few family members and may need to pay for 3 nights on one of the rooms. We will use our points for the rest. I am just trying to see how much this will cost??

Through the looking Glass
01-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Usally it's 25%. That is as long as there is one open for cash discount. Quite a few times I have been told there are no rooms at the discount.

DizneyRox
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
We were just looking at possibly paying cash for a couple of nights instead of borrowing points and when they told us the discounted price for a standard view studio was $292 a night at AKLV we just borrowed.

Discount seems to be mean different things to different poeple. Thankfully we don't pay cash for rooms anymore, the prices they seem to be able to get ar insane!

DVC2004
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
You would need to book it through member services, and there is a 25% discount on the rack room rate if they deem there are enough rooms available. If availability is limited they will not offer the discount. Hope that helps.