PDA

View Full Version : speaking of rides with a little one...

dumbo_buddy
01-05-2010, 07:12 AM
what about the safari ride? we are going in 19 days with our son who will be 7 months old. it doesn't have a height restriction but is it too bumpy? my son would probably LIKE the bumps. in march we were there when i was pregnant and i did NOT ride it (better safe than sorry) so it's been since sept. 2008 that i've ridden the safari so i'm not sure about the bumps.

what do you think? DH and i can always ride separately but it'd be nice to ride as a family. :mickey:

WishingStar2006
01-05-2010, 07:33 AM
It's pretty bumpy and can have fast stops and starts...but with that said, as long as you have a good hold on him it should be fine. This may be a good time to have him in a snuggly attached to you or your husband.

I take it the trip is back on...I've been following your posts and read about the nightly crying and that is was probably teething :baby:. I hope your little guy is doing better and that you have a great trip as a family!!!

wdwfansince75
01-05-2010, 07:52 AM
We have a picture of DGS#4 enjoying the ride, and pointing out the animals....at 6 months.
Go! Ride! Enjoy!

dumbo_buddy
01-05-2010, 10:30 AM
It's pretty bumpy and can have fast stops and starts...but with that said, as long as you have a good hold on him it should be fine. This may be a good time to have him in a snuggly attached to you or your husband.

I take it the trip is back on...I've been following your posts and read about the nightly crying and that is was probably teething :baby:. I hope your little guy is doing better and that you have a great trip as a family!!!

thanks for checking! so far we are still a go. i didn't post a follow up b/c i was afraid of jinxing it but...the last two nights have been much better.

thing is, no teeth popped out so i wonder if it was teething? probably still could be. also, i made an appt with the pediatrician just to have his ears checked anyway. also want to talk to her about traveling with him as well as ask her about whether or not we can put sun block on him.

i def plan on having him in the bjorn on all rides. thank you!

Darbylew
01-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I think the little one will be just fine on the
ride. It is a little bumpy. Have a wonderful trip
and enjoy the rides. :mickey:

Joannelet
01-05-2010, 12:08 PM
We were in WDW when my DS was 7 months old but didn't take him to AK. We just went at his 1 year bday and he was asleep during this ride and it was very hard keeping his head from bouncing around. I'm sure if he is awake it will be much easier. He has to be seated on your lap in the center (no ends for the itty bitty's) but if you have a good hold on him and he doesn't mind the bumps then he will be okay. It is VERY bumpy though. You move all around the seat.

tdk316
01-05-2010, 01:25 PM
My 5mo LOVED the ride! I did have him strapped into an Ergo carrier so it was a lot easier to be sure he wouldn't bounce around too much. Enjoy!