PDA

View Full Version : Cruise

Through the looking Glass
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
If I use my points for the Cruise, what do I have to pay extra for. Is the land travel included.

TinksDH
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Do you mean the transfers from WDW-area resorts to the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral? If so, then yes, you must pay for them. I believe that they are $29 per person each way. You can also rent a car one-way from MCO to the terminal (a few rental car companies allow this) or get a limo service.

In the past, we've used a limo service to get us to and from the terminal. This time we are going to probably rent a car as we'll be staying off-site for a couple of days before the cruise and it makes sense to do so.

Other additional costs are the lump-sum exchange-type fee to use your points, as well as an any shore excursions, alcoholic beverages, Palo, etc.

DVC2004
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
You will also have to pay gratuities to the servers, housekeeping etc.

WRWDisney
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
A final note, remember that you have to pay DVC a $95 booking fee just like if you trade into RCI or the Concierge Collection.

KevGuy
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
You will also have to pay gratuities to the servers, housekeeping etc.

I believe that tips ARE included in the cost of a cruise on points.

DVC2004
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I believe that tips ARE included in the cost of a cruise on points.

I think this was true of the free promo cruises they were giving to members who joined or added on a while back. But it's my understanding that when using points it just covers the stateroom and included meals.

Tinkermom
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I think this was true of the free promo cruises they were giving to members who joined or added on a while back. But it's my understanding that when using points it just covers the stateroom and included meals.

We have cruised once using DVC points and have another cruise coming up in March that we also used points for. When using DVC points tips are NOT included.