PDA

View Full Version : More Dining Details, 12/27-1/3

CiaoBella312
01-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Kona Cafe, 12/30: This was a very big disappointment. We were seated near the sushi bar with no barrier between us and the walkway, so it felt like we were eating at a mall food court. The waitress was VERY perfunctory, barely checking even to see if we needed anything. I had the steak which was borderline inedible, older daughter hated her steak as well. Younger daughter enjoyed her Kona Cone, other desserts were "eh". We won't be coming here again.

Marakkesh Restaurant (Morocco), 12/31: We had a funny moment at this restaurant; the over-zealous server kept bringing us more soda, so if one person seemed like she needed a refill, we all got another soda, and they didn't remove the original soda, leaving a ton of glasses on the table. It reminded me of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" but with soda instead of water buckets. :mickey: Food was a mixed bag; chicken bastilla was very dry, I liked the couscous m'rouzina, younger daughter didn't like the chicken kebab, older daughter liked the chicken couscous, and husband loved his lamb shank. Dessert was disappointing for everyone but me (I had baklava, which was what I expected it to be). Others had the "mediterranean delight" which was fruit with mint chocolate chip ice cream on top and orange blossom water. Both of my girls couldn't eat the fruit because it tasted like perfume.

Chefs de France, 1/1: Second best experience of the week, great food, personable and caring wait staff. Two of us had the three course meal with the french onion soup as the appetizer. Everything here was a hit.

Teppan Edo, 1/2: The good thing here is that it is what it always is, good Japanese hibachi food. The bad thing is, it isn't different than good Japanese hibachi food I can get at home, so there is no "surprise". We enjoyed it, but this was a case of "it is what it is".

Some more thoughts on last new topic I post, I promise. :-)

Crow
01-04-2010, 10:30 AM
thanks for the reviews. i ate at Kona twice but its not on my must list anymore. Marrakesh was very good once, ok last time. Same w chefs. I would go back to Chefs or Marrakesh but probly not Kona.