PDA

View Full Version : Rides with a LITTLE one...

dixielandings
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
We're going down this week for work and spending a few days in the Parks and are taking our 12-week-old daughter. :thumbsup:

What rides can we take her on?

ANG
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
We took our son when he was 5 months old. We didn't ride much with him because he was cranky and hot. But he did seem to enjoy the Nemo underseas one and It's A Small World. I would think anything that isn't recommend of a pregnant woman?

Strmchsr
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
You can ride anything with her that doesn't have a height restriction. You'll just have to judge your child's personality as to what rides will be appropriate. She can ride HM, but it might not be a good idea if she startles easily. Or it might be no big deal.

BigThunderFan
01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
You can ride most rides at WDW. Obviously not the thrill rides, but there are so many slow movers where you don't need safety restraints. I wouldn't expect your daughter to really notice much, but you will have a great experience being there with her!:cloud9:

Dyanna
01-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Any ride/attraction without height requirements.

mom2morgan
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
and do you know about the baby-swap so you and your spouse can enjoy the thrill rides?

thejens
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
The great thing about WDW is that you can do practically everything with a little one. I wore my baby in a sling on many of the rides and he just slept, nursed or looked around in wonderment. Bring your own stroller so your baby will be comfortable. Also you can store all your baby supplies in the stroller basket. There are very nice baby/comfort stations where you can change your baby or sit and nurse.

dumbo_buddy
01-05-2010, 07:10 AM
we are headed down in 19 days (!!!!!) with our son who will be 7 months old. i plan on taking him on the rides but keeping him in the bjorn rather than just hold him. he's wiggly and even though i'm sure it'll be no problem to hold him i'd rather have him strapped in.

we plan on at least trying every ride without a height restriction.

bruin1344
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
most of the rides

i would be cautious with thrill rides, start out with soarin (unless afraid of heights), test track, kali rapids, splash mountain, mission space green, and thunder mountain, if no problems then try out space mountain, tower of terror, rockin rollercoaster, expedition everest, or dinosaur.

tdk316
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Our five-month-old loved everything! We took him on Small World, Peter Pan, Pooh, and anything else our 2.5 year-old would ride (with the exception of Tomorrowland's cars). I would recommend an Ergo carrier or similar; I love mine and it made going on the rides a lot easier. Don't forget about the baby stations in each park - they're really nice for the little ones.

Tick-Tock
01-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Not to be paranoid, but be aware of the people around you. I caught whooping cough a few years ago, most likely at WDW or on the plane down. At 12 weeks, will your little one be vaccinated for that yet? It can be very dangerous (first question they asked me, have you been around any babies). If anyone's coughing, get the heck out of there!

Goes4FastPass
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Some rides your little one can ride, may ride, is allowed to ride may not be what s/he should ride.

Infants can be dragged along on many WDW attractions but we've all see too many little ones taken to Disney parks when it was too hot, too late at night or too long since s/he was taken out of the sling or stroller and allowed to just roll around on a blanket on the floor.

Have a great time, but please be kind to your infant.

Lizzie
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
We just got back from Disneyland. We had our 3 year old girls and 9 month old baby girl. We have been bringing our kids since they were 7 months. We brought the baby on anything with no height restriction if it wasn't nap time. At that age we felt it was important for her to sleep so we just rotated parents on bringing the older kids on the rides so the little one could sleep. And than when all three were sleeping in their strollers we walked around and enjoyed the park the stores and music. But this way we were able to be there at opening to closing with no breakdowns from any of the kids.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
We took a seven week old and he was able to go on everything that didn't have height restrictions. Take a little tiny flash light just in case of being scared on the dark rides. You can shine it at the floor so you don't disturb others. If your stroller has a dark lining take a light colored towel to keep the inside from getting too hot when the baby is lying or sitting down in it.