PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy with Photopass Services

julyjewel
01-03-2010, 11:16 AM
The past 2 years we have gone to WDW have not been bad Photopass wise. The first year we went, we were able to order the individual 4x6 prints that we wanted. Last year, we had so many pics, that we just bought the CD. This year we didn't get many pics from photopass and they we got an additional card at the Christmas party. I just wanted to order a 5x7 and a few 4x6 prints. They are now charging you double to get 2 - 4x6 prints of the same pic. Photopass has made it really hard to make an order this year. Maybe next time I go, I just won't use the service at all. Very dsipleased!:mad:

DizneyRox
01-03-2010, 11:29 AM
There have been quite a few changes to Photopass over the past year that make it unattractive. Disney has been pretty good at the bait and switch lately.

Wait until they start charging for Magical Express, then you'll really hear an outcry!

Lakin
01-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Wait until they start charging for Magical Express, then you'll really hear an outcry!

Shhhh!!! Now don't start giving Disney ideas. :secret:

Pirate Granny
01-03-2010, 06:05 PM
I feel badly, but I too am awaiting the day when they start charging for ME...
:pirate:

DizneyRox
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Soon... [I think] They are just waiting for all the airport transportation companies to go out of business then, since there's no competition, they will be able to set their price...

Transfers used to be like $20 no? Maybe it was $10, I forget, it's been a while since I had to opt out of the transfers.

Humphrey
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Charging for Magical Express? No I don't think Disney is that dumb. If they did start charging for ME, then people would rent a car instead. Having rented a car, they are no longer "Captives" at Disney World. They can go to other parks, go off property to eat, etc.

I can't see them letting that happen. Magicial Express is a brilliant idea.

TheVBs
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Prints from the Photopass site are unbelievably expensive. I was able to pre-purchase the cd at $99 before our May trip, and buy prints for so much less somewhere else. Just wanting to purchase a few pictures can quickly add up!

Renfairwedding
01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
We would pre buy the cd for $99.00 but did not get that offer this year. We ended up combining all our shots onto the Christmas party pass allowing us to use a one time 40% discount on prints paying only $65.00 for all and saved.

At $99.00 we felt photo pas was a value and would buy and use the CD. At full price there was no way we would consider it. Go figure we ended on the cheaper side of the deal with Disney. (This Time)

julyjewel
01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to make a photobook on their site and am not having much luck.

Genie1953
01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
I was under the impression that you get a release form from them so you can take your CD elsewhere to have prints made. My daughter did that a couple of years ago and had them developed at Walmart.

bxrluv
01-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I was under the impression that you get a release form from them so you can take your CD elsewhere to have prints made. My daughter did that a couple of years ago and had them developed at Walmart.

I hope someone answers this question. I thought that once you got the CD, it was yours to do with what you pleased. I didn't know about a release. I haven't gone yet to get prints but was just about to.

tinksmom02
01-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I hope someone answers this question. I thought that once you got the CD, it was yours to do with what you pleased. I didn't know about a release. I haven't gone yet to get prints but was just about to.

I'm pretty sure that once you purchase the CD, you own the copyrights to the photos. If I'm not mistaken, there is a link you can click on when you pop the CD is that will provide a copyright release, if you should need to provide one. I've never had any trouble uploading CD pictures to snapfish & winkflash.

Ian
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Charging for Magical Express? No I don't think Disney is that dumb. If they did start charging for ME, then people would rent a car instead. Having rented a car, they are no longer "Captives" at Disney World. They can go to other parks, go off property to eat, etc.

I can't see them letting that happen. Magicial Express is a brilliant idea.I don't know ... Even if Disney charged $20 each way it would still be significantly cheaper than renting a car.

I suspect they could charge for the service and lose only a very small percentage of their customers.

DizneyRox
01-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I suspect they could charge for the service and lose only a very small percentage of their customers.
Not to go off tpoic again, but even charging significantly less would turn ME into a revenu stream instead of a revenue drain. Currently I ssupect it's being subsidized by a room rate increase of some sort. We all know they won't lower room rates if they start charging, so "free money"!

It will be priced a little less than a town car for a family of 4, just to keep people on the bus. The little people they actually lose will truly be a drop in the ocean. People who opt out of ME are currently doing it for reasons other than money anyway, so it's no difference to them either way.

Trust me, it will become a charged service at some point (I'm surprised it isn't already quite honestly).

Zippy 1
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I had no problem with my photopass CD. Printed pictures at Wal Mart, uploaded to Shutterfly and even made a photobook using them. Like stated before there is a release at the begining of the cd if you need it but I never have had to use it. Good Luck