PDA

View Full Version : 2 yr old at Bippity Boppity

imajmommy
01-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I see that the age is 3 yrs for the BBB, but I have a 2 year old that is obsessed with make-up. She has a 4yr old sister that she gets it from. They both LOVE dress up and makeup, I know she would sit still and love the princess makeover - does anyone know her strict they are on age limits?

mom2morgan
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
I see that the age is 3 yrs for the BBB, but I have a 2 year old that is obsessed with make-up. She has a 4yr old sister that she gets it from. They both LOVE dress up and makeup, I know she would sit still and love the princess makeover - does anyone know her strict they are on age limits?

How close to three is she? I'm GUESSING that they aren't going to demand to know an age, so much as just kind of judging by size and maturity. There are children much older than that who would NOT sit still at all, so I think it has to go really case-by-case.

imajmommy
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
if i am TOTALLY honest :) she isnt even 2 yet! her 2nd bday wouldnt be until a couple weeks after our trip. So she will clearly be smaller than the other girls there...i am stuck, my 4 year old has her heart set on it but I cant do one and not the other!

jwildflower1981
01-03-2010, 12:06 AM
I had the same question a few months ago. But I think it was more me than my DD wanting her to go....lol
My first worlds after the nurse told me it was a girl after my ultrasound was "Bippity Boppity Boutique!" She was a Disney lover so she knew what I was talking about so I didn't sound to crazy.....lol

Buttercup
01-03-2010, 08:44 AM
My daughter JUST turned 2 - like a few days ago. And she loves anything to do with princesses, fancy hairdos, and all that fun stuff. But I don't think she'd sit still for how long it takes to get dolled up in the BBB. I'm waiting until she's about 5, when I can take advantage of the big package with pictures and whatnot. Right now, it would be a waste. She'll get the same joy out of me doing her hair (and maybe some makeup) and prancing around the parks in her snow white costume. No sense in spending hundreds of dollars for her to go to the BBB, only to find out she's squirming and crying because a stranger is trying to doll her up!

Besides, if she's only 1, and will just have turned 2 when you go to WDW, I'm guessing they won't do it. They might just put some glitter in her hair or something as a treat, but they won't do the whole package.

imajmommy
01-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I have decided to get both the girls dresses before the trip take them with us, I can make an appt for my 4 year old with the coach package and then just so my 2 year old myself while we wait for sister, she will think shes getting the same treatment. :)

disneykid@hrt
01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
We had our 19 month old daughter's face painted on the last trip. It was really cute! The funny thing is that we were walking WS and she was being EXTREMELY fussy- so we got to the outpost half way 'round the World and we thought we'd give that a try. She was instantly calmed! I told the artist he had a snake charmer like effect- he said for girls getting their face painted is like men and their football!

Just make sure you take a picture before she gets a peek in the mirror. My DD went right for it and smeared it! They were really cool about it and fixed it with no problem! I plan on doing this again on our next trip. I think I'll wait until it fries before we show her!

disneykid@hrt
01-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Oh sorry- my point was that maybe you or DH take her for some fun time by herself while big sis is at BBB and get her face painted during this time so that she can feel special as well.

TheRustyScupper
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
1) Please stick with the stated policy.
2) Especially since the child is only 1 year old.

imajmommy
01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I promise not to break and rules or policies - sorry if I made it sounds like I was, I have decided to just do her makeover myself while her sister get her done at the boutique

mom2morgan
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I have decided to get both the girls dresses before the trip take them with us, I can make an appt for my 4 year old with the coach package and then just so my 2 year old myself while we wait for sister, she will think shes getting the same treatment. :)
Excellent idea! I think she'll be just as happy with that :-)

tys_mommy
01-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Hubby could always take the younger one to the barber shop while big sis is at BBB.

leighe
01-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I was wondering this too. My oldest will be 4 during our July trip and my youngest will actually turn three while we are there. I can't decide if she will sit still long enough to do it. She loves dress up and makeup as much as her older sister but she's not quite as outgoing. I may let DH take her somewhere else to do something fun while older DD gets the BBB treatment.

mjaclyn
01-06-2010, 02:50 PM
They are strict about the age...DH and I went to WDW in October and were literally two weeks away from our DD turning three and they wouldn't even let her get her hair done.

LibertyTreeGal
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Thank you so much , speaking as a 40 year old "oldest" child, for going ahead and getting your older daughter the makeover anyway. I missed out on a lot of things because my younger siblings would supposedly feel left out. It really creates resentment, and frankly, the added responsibility/work of being older should have some upside :thumbsup:

mom2morgan
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
They are strict about the age...DH and I went to WDW in October and were literally two weeks away from our DD turning three and they wouldn't even let her get her hair done.

did they require a proof of age? I'm not sure I'd think to be carrying my child's passport or birth certificate!

LibertyTreeGal
01-07-2010, 09:21 PM
did they require a proof of age? I'm not sure I'd think to be carrying my child's passport or birth certificate!

If the child is three then they will have their own paid ticket, so it should be easy enough to figure out.

mom2morgan
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
If the child is three then they will have their own paid ticket, so it should be easy enough to figure out.
D'Oh! Never even thought of that - you can tell my kids are a little older ;-)