PDA

View Full Version : AKL Questions

Disney4us2
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Preface: I am awaiting a hearing on SS disability. Filed March 09. When it come in will be retro back to the file date.. Will get a big chunk of cash:D Want to do AKL deluxe all the way. :cloud9:

Now for the questions.
Which savannah view and trails are the best?
My DD wants to see the giraffes with zebras coming in second.

Is it worth upgrading to a studio or a 1br?
... it will just be the two of us and an ecv.

Is club level worth the extras? We won't be hanging around the hotel much. Although the special safari would be nice.

I would kind of perfer the Beach Club, but DD is concerned about the sand in the SAB pool getting in her eyes when she is swimming. Even with goggles. My other options which DD likes is the POFQ.

This would be real splurge, but hey, it is worth doing at least once.:mickey:

Stickey
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
I recommend the Zebra and Kudu Trail rooms on the Arusha savannah. Zebras are found only on the Arusha savannah. Giraffes are likely to be seen on all three savannahs.

A savannah view room is the only upgrade that I would purchase. You may want to request a room close to the lobby, as the outer wings of the Zebra and Kudu Trail rooms are quite a distance from the lobby.

thejens
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I agree with previous poster. I have stayed at both AKL and Beach Club and love both for different reasons. I think AKL is my favorite of all the deluxe resorts because of its exotic, beautiful theming. The first time we stayed there I didn't schedule enough time to enjoy the resort. The second time we spent more time enjoying the pool areas (both of them) and the many viewing areas to watch the animals. In fact, the second time I didn't bother with the Savannah view since I found we didn't spend much time in the room. We prefer walking around the beautiful grounds, sitting on the viewing patios, and looking at the art work in each of the AKL lobbies etc. We also really liked Boma and Sanaa restaurants. The only downside of AKL is the location/busses.

Disney4us2
01-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I agree with previous poster. I have stayed at both AKL and Beach Club and love both for different reasons. I think AKL is my favorite of all the deluxe resorts because of its exotic, beautiful theming. The first time we stayed there I didn't schedule enough time to enjoy the resort. The second time we spent more time enjoying the pool areas (both of them) and the many viewing areas to watch the animals. In fact, the second time I didn't bother with the Savannah view since I found we didn't spend much time in the room. We prefer walking around the beautiful grounds, sitting on the viewing patios, and looking at the art work in each of the AKL lobbies etc. We also really liked Boma and Sanaa restaurants. The only downside of AKL is the location/busses.

With the non savannah view, besiedes the parking lot are there any courtyard type views?

From our previous stays at All Star Movies, we are used to being in that area and the busses to get everywhere.:mickey:

Mitzie
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
We have stayed at both BC and AKL. Our choice between the two would be AKL. At BC the pool is great, and I don't remember my kids complaining about the sand in the water. It's proximity to Epcot is wonderful! This last stay at AKL was very nice and my DH loves animals so we prefer AKL. We did stay club level right off the main lobby. We hope to do that again soon. The food in the lounge was nice, worked great for breakfast for us, but that is about the only time you could make a meal out of the lounge offerings. We did do the sunrise safari which was way cool! We loved being there before the park opened. My DH said the breakfast buffet afterwards was almost worth the price alone. About the giraffes, the boys are in the middle and the girls are on either side. The boys, being boys, spent all their time by the fences watching the girls...so we didn't get to see much of them from our room.

Jenemmy
01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
With the non savannah view, besiedes the parking lot are there any courtyard type views?

From our previous stays at All Star Movies, we are used to being in that area and the busses to get everywhere.:mickey:

I have not stayed there yet, but am booked for May. I can answer your question because I am booked for a "pool" view. That cost a bit more than "standard" view, but not as much as a savannah view.

MNNHFLTX
01-08-2010, 09:52 AM

From our previous stays at All Star Movies, we are used to being in that area and the busses to get everywhere.:mickey:No courtyard view rooms, although there is pool view, as the previous poster mentioned. However, I would also recommend requesting a room with a view of the Arusha savanna, and close to the lobby. There is nothing more wonderful in the morning and evening (when you are back from the parks) than sitting on your balcony and watching the animals roam around. It's magical.