PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Disney Volunteering Website?

mjaclyn
01-01-2010, 10:43 PM
DH and I are trying to sign up for the 'Give a Day, Get a Disney Day' project. When we go to DisneyParks.com and try to sign up, it says that the page cannot be displayed. This happens after we search for an organization and click on 'Register'. Is anyone else having this problem?

TinkiTime1989
01-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I've been having the same problem. So has my cousin who has been trying since the site went live at 8 this morning.

disneyluvn
01-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Same here. :confused: Hopefully tomorrow.

WDWfanatic742
01-02-2010, 01:09 AM
From Disney Parks Blog:

Thanks to the generous spirit of our guests, we have had a strong response to our ‘Give a Day, Get a Disney Day’ program.

We prepared for this launch based on similar programs in the past. However, the large numbers of guests attempting to register for volunteer service in the program has created periodic slowdowns in the network, resulting in difficulty in completing the registration process.

We apologize for the inconvenience and want to let you know that we’re working to add capacity to the system to provide a better registration experience.

Be assured that new volunteer opportunities are being added to the HandsOn Network daily, and we will not hit the 1 million ticket milestone this weekend. So keep checking back to see what new volunteer opportunities have been added — and thanks for your interest in the ‘Give a Day, Get a Disney Day’ program. Here are more details and terms concerning the program.

disneyluvn
01-02-2010, 08:58 AM
It's working now - I finally got registered. :yay:

Dream'nDisney
01-02-2010, 10:05 AM
It took me several hours to finally get our confirmation. Part of my problem, I think, is that we still live in the stone age and still have dial-up. It kept timing out. Then, when I keyed in my email address, it said it wouldn't allow it because it was already pending, but then wouldn't acknowledge that email address when I tried to log in to Hands On. Bottom line, I had to finish up with giving my work email address. whew! Hope everyone else has better luck today. :mickey: