PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan

crmark1
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
On our upcoming trip in April (3rd-8th) Ive checked and its $415.00 more for the Deluxe Dining Plan over the TS Dining Plan. This is for myself , DW, DD(15), and DS(5). We have had the TS plan before, although it was before they removed the apps and tip. I'm wondering if there are opinions if it is worth the difference.

gerald72
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
I had the delux dining plan once. Way too much food- and I like to eat. It seems like you spend the day going from one reservation to the next, and then there are two snacks per person on top of that! It's fine if that's what you like, or if you plan on doing a lot of meals that take up two credits. Remember to spread out the credits over your arrival and departure days, too.

goofyskier
12-31-2009, 02:58 PM
On our upcoming trip in April (3rd-8th) Ive checked and its $415.00 more for the Deluxe Dining Plan over the TS Dining Plan. This is for myself , DW, DD(15), and DS(5). We have had the TS plan before, although it was before they removed the apps and tip. I'm wondering if there are opinions if it is worth the difference.

So it is over $1200 for five days of dining? I would suggest you just pay out of pocket.

cer
12-31-2009, 03:56 PM
There are some Intercotees who use the Deluxe Plan for signature dining.

So instead of 3 table services per day, they use one TS for breakfast or lunch and then apply the other 2 to a signature restaurant for dinner. That sure would help to cut down on the sheer volume of food.....and if you like the finer dining places, well, it seems like that would be the way to do it...

Never been on deluxe dining myself...

I can understand, though, about feeling like you were always chasing after your reservations...

cer
12-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Also, you can lose a lot of park time.

They tell you to allow 1 hr for travel, then you have the actual waiting on service and then eating...

Something to consider when taking on deluxe dining....

ElenitaB
12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
We've never used the DxDP, but did use earlier forms of dining plans, including one that offered 3 meals a day, wherever you wanted. It was a LOT of food. However, if you were to use the DxDP for a sitdown breakfast and then for signature dining or a dinner show, I would say that this definitely is a way to go.

WishingStar2006
12-31-2009, 05:25 PM
That is what I am going to try on my trip in February. I find that I almost ALWAYS get an appetizer....so that is OOP on the regular DDP and I enjoy the signature restauarants....so I am using 1TS for breakfast/early lunch and 2TS for a late signature dining each day. I'll let you know how it works out...but I know during my last trip I spent way more than $125.00 (the difference between DDP and deluxe DDP for my upcoming trip) for appetizers and extra table services and left two CS on my account :(. I think it's worth a try once to see how it goes.

SBETigg
12-31-2009, 05:52 PM
We did it with Signature dinners and it was still too much food. We had four Signature dinners for four nights in a row and it was a bit much of a good thing, though we did love having the experience to try so many of the Signature venues. I can't say I won't do it again, but it does take a lot of time out of the trip and I won't do it again soon.

It works if your focus is the dining, which it was on that trip. If you do it, it helps to stick to breakfast and Signature dinners for the table service. It's really hard to do table service lunch and then table service dinner, let alone all three in one day. And give yourself permission to sample and not have to clean your plate or you will never make it. There's also two snacks per person per day. Bon appetit!

wdw_bound
12-31-2009, 05:54 PM
We did the deluxe plan last year and really enjoyed it. On arrival day, we an early (for us) lunch at WCC, then went to the late HDDR show. The rest of the trip, we did an early character breakfast and mostly 2 TS meals (Brown Derby, Luau, CRT, etc.). One night, we did CP, which is only a one credit meal. Then on departure day, we had a late character breakfast.

We did not use all our snacks, but we never do, even on the regular plan. So on the last day, we bought a ton of rice krispie mickey heads for DS to take back to his pre-school class. The deluxe plan also includes a refillable mug, which makes a great souvenier as well as being useful during the trip.

Handling the plan this was was not too much food, and we didn't feel like we were chasing reservations. It's not something I'd do every trip, but I'd definitely do it again. It was nice to enjoy the shows and signature dining without feeling like I had to hoard meal credits, and it was great not to have a chicken tender or a burger all week.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

Brooklynos
12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
We used the DxDp last trip with just my husband and I and it was alot of meals. We ended up "buying" a nice family of 4 dinner at Boatwrights on our last night due to having a lot of meals left. We enjoyed the freedom it gave us in sit downs though. We are using it again in March when we take our little brother (12) and sister (15) but we are doing multiple signature meals. If we have a handful of meals left over we will just wait for another nice family to come through the food court and pay out our meals. Pay it forward!!! Well worth it for us!

crmark1
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM
OK. Thanks for all the opinions. I think we are going to stick with the regular DDP. I just wish it was like it use to be. I'm sure I'm going to miss the apps., not to mention the tip being included.