PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown/Illuminations

fanofdisney
12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I have a reservation for 7:10 at Rose and Crown. I am hoping to get a table so we can watch Illuminations. Is that too early of an ADR? Should I get one a bit later? Also how cold is too cold to eat in the viewing area?

SBETigg
12-31-2009, 01:15 AM
It is a bit early. It might work out for you, depending on how they're scheduled for the night (sometimes they run behind and in that case your timing is perfect), or it might not (if they're running on time, they will be trying to rush you through to vacate that table again before 9). So it's really anyone's guess. They do like to try to keep tables timed to an hour-hour and a half. You're looking at over two hours in the same table if you plan to stay for Illuminations, and that's a bit much. Maybe shoot for 7:30-7:45? Which would require you to show up at 7:15-7:30.

But that said, there's absolutely nothing that can guarantee you one of those prime viewing tables other than fate-- if one is empty when you're being seated. They will no longer allow you to wait for a table. Too many people want those prime spots. But they do have a great viewing area they can lead you to, provided it's not booked by private party, at the time of the show should you not land one of the prime spots.

fanofdisney
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Thank you. I was able to change our time to 7:40.:party: I know they don't guarantee the prime viewing area. We tried to get it a couple of years ago and we didn't get it but they never told us about a great viewing area we could go to. When we finished dinner we left R&C around 8:40 and had to try to find a spot to watch Illuminations. I was so sad:( We are going to be there in a couple of weeks. Is it too cold in Jan to sit in the prime viewing area? I may be worrying about nothing.

DVC2004
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
We were just there and our entire meal came very quickly. Too quickly we thought. we didn't feel rushed by the server, but we no sooner finished our soup when our entrees came. I would try to get later if possible. If it is cold they have tent sides that come down and heaters in the patio area. Even if you aren't able to get an outside seat, there is a viewing area patrons can walk outside to view Illuminations once it begans (it gets crowded though). As said before they cannot gaurantee an outdoor seat.

bruin1344
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Ive had a 730ish reservation and was able to stay for illuminations. Even if you dont get an outside table, you can still watch it from the patio.

wildernesslady
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
We had a 7:30 and told our server we were planning on waiting for Illuminations. We had the best seat. She said everyone does this and no problem, just let her know when we were ready for our meals and dessert. She was really sweet. Everyone who is seated at this time is staying and they are aware of it. Good luck.

SillySymphony
01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
I think you've scored a perfect ressie time slot ! But I would suggest you note ahead of time if it happens to be a big night (birthday, anniversary, etc). Also, you should ask for the next available outdoor table. (not sure, but I don't recall you mentioning when you'll be there) Begin with a cocktail and then, stretch your night out by ordering a set of apps (if your budget can accord this). My personal suggestion is to NOT order everything ahead of time. Enjoy your cocktails while looking over apps. Enjoy your apps while you think about your entrees. Order dessert ONLY after you've finished your meal. You get the point by now, I'm sure....

mom2morgan
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Your timing is great! We had a ressie for ADR and it was a bit tight - but even then they'll work with you. We considered rushing dessert, but our server said "Why don't you go out and enjoy the fireworks, and I'll have dessert waiting when you come back in?"