PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Tower = More Time at WDW vs. MK View

mjaclyn
12-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I have a difficult decision to make. We have enough points banked for 2010 to stay in a two bedroom at BLT. Right now we have two options.

Option #1: Stay in BLT for 12 nights/13 days in a 2 Bedroom Magic Kingdom View room

OR

Option #2: Stay in BLT for 14 nights/15 days in a 2 Bedroom Lake View room

Two months ago we stayed in a 1 Bedroom at BLT with a Lake view and it was great. I would absolutely LOVE to experience the MK view, but I don't know if it's worth giving up two more days at WDW.

What would you do? Would you take the extra two days at WDW and forgo the Magic Kingdom view? Or do you think the MK view is incredible enough to sacrifice two days?

Help me decide! :-) Thank you SO much!

MinnieMommie
12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Would love a MK view but have to go with the 2 extra days. :mickey:

SBETigg
12-31-2009, 01:27 AM
The MK view is pretty sweet, but the Bay Lake view is also awesome, and if it lets you have more time... obviously, a good choice. You can always go to the lounge for a great view of the MK. The Bay side allows a peaceful, lovely view and still the same great accommodations.

tdk316
12-31-2009, 06:36 AM
We had reserved a Bay Lake view and could see the MK while sitting on the couch in the living room and from the balcony. The kids watched the fireworks from the balcony and everything, so I'd suggest paying for a Bay Lake view and hoping for the best.

ANG
12-31-2009, 09:02 AM
We are staying at BLT this November and I am I really excited for a MK view. I think a 12 night vacation to Disney will still be worth it!

faline
12-31-2009, 09:21 AM
I'd go with the two additional days. Since you'll be staying at Bay Lake, you'll also have the option of visiting the lounge for fireworks viewing!

Jenemmy
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Guess I am in the minority here, but I would totally go for the MK view. I am not a DVC member (unfortunately!!!!), but I know the year we were on the 10th floor of the Contemporary with a MK view remains one of the most magical trips in my mind. There is something so perfect about waking up and that castle being the first thing you see. Also, like another poster said, my kids were little then, and they would sit on their bed, watch the MK fireworks before going to sleep for the night. It was just so ....right. LOL.

Either way you go, you have got a substantial trip ahead of you. I guess for someone like me who can't seem to get away for more than 5 nights, 12 nights seems like a dream. Heck, this past spring, I stayed for 2 nights (THAT was KILLER!!) However, I get that you might be kicking yourself when you check out and think that you could be there 2 more nights.

It is a tough choice, but I would probably pick the view. Good luck!!!

DVC2004
12-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd go for the two extra days. You can always go up top to the Top of the World viewing area if you are staying at BLT.

Friend of Figment
12-31-2009, 11:54 AM
MK view is nice during the fireworks, but overall the Lake View is pretier and you can see the water pageant.

mjaclyn
01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
*Sigh* So, as MUCH as I wanted to go with the Magic Kingdom view, we opted for the extra two days in WDW. DH and I are having both sets of parents come stay with us in the second bedroom (separately, of course), so two full weeks was the only way that both my and his parents could get 7 days each. Even though I will definitely miss waking up to Cinderella's Castle outside my window, and watching the fireworks from my balcony at night, I am still incredibly excited to go on what will be the longest Disney vacation we've ever taken!! I can't wait!!! Thanks so much for your input and help everyone!

Jenemmy
01-02-2010, 08:58 AM
*Sigh* So, as MUCH as I wanted to go with the Magic Kingdom view, we opted for the extra two days in WDW. DH and I are having both sets of parents come stay with us in the second bedroom (separately, of course), so two full weeks was the only way that both my and his parents could get 7 days each. Even though I will definitely miss waking up to Cinderella's Castle outside my window, and watching the fireworks from my balcony at night, I am still incredibly excited to go on what will be the longest Disney vacation we've ever taken!! I can't wait!!! Thanks so much for your input and help everyone!

You really couldn't go wrong :mickey: Happy planning! How exciting!!!!

NewmanFamily6
01-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Personally I don't think you could go wrong having more days in WDW to have fun! The longest we have been was 7 days so 10-12 sound fabulous:mickey:

pluto 77
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I would go with the 2 extra days. The view of Bay Lake is really nice, and magical in its own way. Plus you can go to the Top Of the World for a mk view at night!

SorcererJim
01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
So I read you went with the extra days... good choice... I will be staying in a studio lake view in Feb and 1BR LV in July ...and what you might want to do from what I have read is request an "even number room on the north side" .. while this is only a request, those rooms are still classified as LV, however, they have views of space mountain and to a lesser extent the castle, so you may still get a view of the fireworks at night from your balcony... :secret:

Enjoy your trip!

Genie1953
01-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Definitely 2 extra days is more valuable.....after all how much time do you really spend in your room enjoying the views?

RAIDER
01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
We just came back from there

Regardless of extra days etc
The Bay Lake view is better than the MK view by miles . Especially on the southside of the building.
You can always hit the top of the world lounge on the 16th floor
Also on the southside of the lake you can see the Epcot fireworks as well :thumbsup:

TinksDH
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm one of the few that went with the "better view / shorter stay" option. If the decision was something like 3 nights versus 5, or 7 versus 9, I would have opted for more nights over the view. But 14 nights versus 12? I think 12 nights would hold me over for a while! Plus, I'd probably be broke by then due to buying food, beverage, and other stuff!

jnfr2424
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
We had reserved a Bay Lake view and could see the MK while sitting on the couch in the living room and from the balcony. The kids watched the fireworks from the balcony and everything, so I'd suggest paying for a Bay Lake view and hoping for the best.

Ditto! We were cash customers and when we saw Wishes from the balcony, I woke up in the middle of the night and gazed at the Castle, then watched Wishes again every night from the couch, we ended up being DVC member!