PDA

View Full Version : Villian Dining

Disneymom201
12-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I just read yesterday that starting this June 1900 Park Fare at The Grand Floridian is offering a new dinner/character experience including some of Disney's most famous Villians (yeah! I have 2 boys). Listed among many was the wicked witch. Are they referring to the elderly lady in Snow White? I can't think of who it is.
Thanks for your help!

2005-2007 Off Property
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
October 2010 ??????

yjgirl32
12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
That would be so awesome. I too have a son and he would love this.

Ms. Mode
12-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Way cool..sign me up!

Madame Leona
12-30-2009, 09:22 AM
That would get us in there. I have two boys that won't even do a princess/girly meal for their mom.

WDWFanatic
12-30-2009, 09:33 AM
We went to this meal when they had it maybe 10 years ago and loved it! We were sad when then cancelled it. Hopefully it will stick around a little longer this time.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
12-30-2009, 09:38 AM
We've been kicking around the idea of other character dinners that included the villains, Disney heros and others more appealing to boys forever around here on INTERCOT. However, this is the first I've heard of this coming to fruition. Currently, 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner which features Cinderella and her family - including the evil stepsisters and stepmother, if I remember correctly. When looking at booking this for June online on the Disney website, it is still listed as such.

Park Fare used to have a Villain's dinner - but it hasn't been around for quite some time. It sure would be nice to see something of this nature finally come back around! :mickey:

jec13
12-30-2009, 10:33 AM
This is not something that is going to happen. This was in an email showing what happened back in 2000, not what is coming in 2010. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.:(

mom2morgan
12-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I wonder what would happen if lots of us wrote letters saying how much we'd love to see this happen? I know that ever since I read they used to have one, I've longing to see one again! I really think it would appeal much more to both boys AND to older girls. I have an 11 year old that is "so done" with princesses, LOL I think it would draw in teens and adults. Anyone know what address to write this to? Anyone else willing to write?

faline
12-30-2009, 02:45 PM
As I recall, part of the issue was that a number of children who attended were frightened by these characters.

mom2morgan
12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
As I recall, part of the issue was that a number of children who attended were frightened by these characters.
Well, that is where parents need to use some good common sense! I can only see that applying to some VERY little or VERY sensitive children. There are so many other character experiences for them, I think we need one that's a bit unique and more geared for the older kids a bit! You did make me think of a funny moment with my daughter when she was three, though. She watched Pocahontas and was terrified by the scene where John Smith fights with Kocoum. She went around for WEEKS telling everyone in very excited tones that she was "scared of Indians". This might not have been a total disaster....if we hadn't been living on a Cree First Nations reservation at the time! LOL Oh well, at least I didn't let her watch Peter Pan ;-)

faline
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, that is where parents need to use some good common sense! I can only see that applying to some VERY little or VERY sensitive children.

Funny story about your daughter!

The problem with figuring out how you kids will react to the characters, unfortunately, defies common sense. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Disney with my brother's family and their 2 year old. My sister-in-law booked two character breakfasts - Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. I was a bit concerned about how he would react to the characters as he is very slow to warm up to new folks - rather a shy boy. As it turned out, he loved the characters! He cuddled with them, waved at them, smiled, high-fived them and just enjoyed them tremendously. His favorite dvd, since we returned, is a Disney sing-along which features many of the characters he met duringthe trip!

How would he do with villains? Hard to tell. He would either love them or be scared but there'd be no way to know in advance. I would guess that many parents who went to the Villains character meal were sure their kids would do just fine only to be surprised with a child who became frightened!