PDA

View Full Version : When Do The Parks Change To Christmas Decorations?

mjaclyn
12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
My family and I have never been to WDW during the holidays - we usually go around the middle of September. DH's job won't allow him to go at that time next year, so we're thinking about going mid-Ocboter or early November. My question is: when does Disney put up all the lights and decorations for Christmas? Is it right after Halloween? I'd like to go when it's still warm enough for my daughter to swim, so we probably wouldnt' go any later than the first week of November. Does anyone know if Cinderella's Castle is lit up by then? Also, does it snow at night on Main Street? I remember going to the MK once a number of years ago in early December and when the park closed it 'snowed' on Main Street. Do they still do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ibrowse17
12-29-2009, 03:12 PM
We have at Disney on Veteran's Day, and they had some of the decorations up in the parks. They did not have any up in the resorts by then, but they are usually all up before Thanksgiving.

Strmchsr
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
The decorations start going up right after Halloween and they are mostly up by mid-November, which is when the MVMCP begins. The Osborne Lights are hit and miss as to whether they'll start before or after Thanksgiving. Most Epcot stuff is after Thanksgiving. The castle will be lit up when MVMCP begins and the "snow" only happens on Main St during the party. They'll announce party dates around May 1. From there you can judge when the decorations will mostly be up in MK. Resorts and other parks fall in afterwards.

ANG
12-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for asking. I have similar questions:blush:

mjaclyn
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Did they used to have snow on non MVMCP nights? I remember going to Magic Kingdom (or maybe it was Disneyland) and there was snow after the nighttime fireworks. It was really neat because it wasn't that cold and the snow made it really magical.

Does anyone know if the castle lights will be up during the first week of November?

skay
12-30-2009, 02:48 PM
What is MVMCP?

Strmchsr
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Did they used to have snow on non MVMCP nights?...Does anyone know if the castle lights will be up during the first week of November?

I don't remember if they used to do it that way, but as far as I know now it's only on party nights, though I think you can get it each night through the Osborne Lights sections. As for the 1st week...probably not. The castle usually lights up mid-November with the start of MVMCP. That said, who knows for 2010. Disney changes their schedule each year.

What is MVMCP?

:welcome: to Intercot!!! MVMCVP is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp). Since you're new to intercot it might be helpful to go here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) for a list of the abbreviations.

Daisy'sMom
12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
What is MVMCP?

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party:mickey:

12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Did they used to have snow on non MVMCP nights?

After the "parties" have ended for the season, the time between then and the end of the Christmas season they have snow on the "non-party nights.

Pan
01-01-2010, 09:46 PM
We were there 12/21 and it snowed throughout SpectroMagic and Holiday Wishes.

Duck Daisy Duck
01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Or next trip we are going the 2nd wk of Nov. we are staying at WL. I really was hoping that the tree would be up in the resort by then.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-25-2010, 06:33 PM
We were there this past Halloween. On Nov 1st, all the halloween items were cleared from the gift shops and the christmas items were out. Seriously, it was done overnight!!!