PDA

View Full Version : Grocery?

kwhitt3202
12-29-2009, 10:38 AM
We are new to DVC and are starting to plan our next trip. We want to get some grocerys and are trying to figure out where.
DVC has a delivery system but are there others and which ones do you use?

goingbacktodisney
12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
We used the Garden Grocer 2 weeks ago on our trip and were very pleased. It was at the recommendation of someone here at intercot. They were on time and the order was right; they also had a great selection.

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
We have been more than satisfied with WeGoShop.
They have always been right on time, ask if you have a store preference and don't limit you to a list of items that they will purchase.
You pay regular price for your groceries + a service fee based on the total amount of your purchase.

If you are buying more than a couple items, the savings will far outweigh the delivery costs.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
12-29-2009, 11:02 PM
We have always been pleased with Garden Grocer. It is only a $12 delivery fee and the minimum isn't very large. We usually spend around $80 for PEPSI, milk, juice, cereal etc. It is so convenient so I do not have to get a cab, shop and return...it's just delivered at my time of chosing....I don't even have to be at the resort. When I check in or return from the park, I just call bell services and they bring it right to my room! AWESOME!!! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me!

vizsla
12-30-2009, 06:55 AM
We have always used Garden Grocer and have been very pleased with their service.

kwhitt3202
12-30-2009, 09:39 AM
thank you

DizneyRox
12-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Used GG last trip, everything worked out well. I'm not sure if there's much value over buying through Disney however. There were quite a few people complaining about GG shortly after our trip, and, quite frankly, depending on how much you buy, the delivery charge for GG can make it a wash vs going right through Disney. All else being equal, I'd rather deal with Disney directly than having to go through GG and do another drop off (if they do that instead of a refund), etc.

It's something to consider.

Schmiv
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
How do you go about contacting either of the 2 grocers mentioned here? :confused:

So happy I came across this thread. :blush:

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't think the TOS allow me to post a link to WeGoShop and I see you don't allow private messages, so I would suggest doing a google search...

Schmiv
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't think the TOS allow me to post a link to WeGoShop and I see you don't allow private messages, so I would suggest doing a google search...

hubbyofadisneyholic - Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed that on my profile. Still new to Intercot so I'm still learning all the rules. PM is now turned on for me. Any info would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
12-30-2009, 10:03 PM
hubbyofadisneyholic - Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed that on my profile. Still new to Intercot so I'm still learning all the rules. PM is now turned on for me. Any info would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

I sent you a PM...hope this helps!:mickey:

Mushu11756
01-01-2010, 01:55 AM
My husband and I have used garden grocer twice and had no problems. I've compared prices from both Disney and GG somethings were cheaper with disney and visa verse with GG. The one thing I like about GG you have more of a choice. Which was better for us because we were traveling with a 2 year old that only eats fruit which wasn't available at the resort we stayed in . Besides the convenience of the food being there when we arrived and all I had to do was call bell hop for them to bring it to us.